Where do you holster your sidearm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you holster your sidearm?

I've been using a drop-leg SERPA platform for ages now, but I'm tired of lugging the weight around and when I need to move quickly, I feel like it's being thrown around on my leg, even when fully tightened.

I have a Blackhawk MOLLE attachment platform which I'm gunna try out next weekend on the chest of my plate carrier, but I feel like my sling and shouldering my weapon is going to get in the way?

What does everyone else do? Would a hip holster maybe prove better? The rig I'm using is a compact rig so sits high enough to leave plenty space for a belt/hip attachment.

Re: Where do you holster your sidearm?

I have a molle style and IMI molle, which I have on chest rig high on right side, did try them at front but just didn't feel right to me

sigpic
    OHHH BEHAVE!!
    GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
    YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

I use a British army issue assault vest. It has a holster built into the inside left pocket

Comment

Do you leave the pocket unzipped?

Comment

Not when the pistol is holstered. It only takes a second to pull the zip and draw the pistol.

Comment

That's pretty sweet, since it's army issue is that the standard way the guys in the forces holster their sidesrm?

Comment

Was running my PX4 on an IMI LowRider from a battle belt but since dither that. Now run it on my left side about 2 o'clock. Just the right height to draw with the finger button release on the holster

Comment

Left side of the rig? Or belt?

Comment

Not anymore. Since the advent of the osprey armour most guys either run a holster on the front of the osprey armour or in a drop leg holster.

Comment

Belt. Right hand side. Belt holds pistol and pistol mags with small pouch of pyro.

Comment

Ahh okay that makes sense, i'm gunna try the chest mounted set up and see if I like it.

Skippy are you running a load bearing belt?

Comment

Glock G34 on left pouch of Viper Special ops chest rig. Two pistol pouches attach to that with cord holding the pistol in place. No issues with quick access.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty interesting thread as I would have put this down to personal taste. Thinking of buying my first sidearm, (new to this).
                          Suppose it's all about going down to the shop and tiring the options out.......after I've decided on the gun!!!!

Comment

Played at The Mall last Thursday running a SERPA for my p226 on my chest. I liked it it a lot, quick access and you always know it's gunna be in the same position, as opposed to a drop leg platform!

Comment

One of those, on my belt. Had to import it from Isreal as I couldnt find one in stock anywhere in the UK that had a cut out lower section for light/laser units like that. Typically theyve now popped up all over eBay AFTER I bought one

Absolutely the best holster I've ever had. The popper is stiff as hell so no accidental releases, but you can still flick it open with a single finger and draw the gun in one movement. I was smacking into walls like a hero at the Mall and at one point was crawling around with it on and rolled over it to avoid getting shot, it stood up to it like a beast and protected the gun amazingly well.

I considered having one on my plate carrier/vest but find it gets in the way and not really enough room for it comfortably. Tried drop leg platforms and they just flap about and dont work. Belt holster - tried, tested, and true, theres a reason cowboys didnt use droplegs or chest holsters!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

C-Dawg Find out more about C-Dawg
                              Working...
                              X