Metal M1911 or Glock - Which brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal M1911 or Glock - Which brand?

Looking for a good metal side arm. Reading lots of reviews and cant quite decide which would be a better investment.

Who would be the better option to go with for metal pistols?

Looking at the KWC C02 1911 (Seen and heard many good things about this 1911, not so much any other KWC.)
    KJ Works Gas pistols

KJW G23 / 27 or 1911
    KWC C02 1911

Also seen a lot of mention of VFC as a good brand, but cant seem to find anywhere that stocks them.

And yes I know TM is best, but just not keen on the all plastic design, and don't want to spend ££ out the box to replace plastic with metal.

Re: Metal M1911 or Glock - Which brand?

Does it HAVE to be metal?

One of the problems youll find with almost any 1911 pistol is the magazine is very narrow and has a tiny gas reservoir compared to almost any other gun, as a result it will suffer spectacularly with cooldown thanks to its heavy big metal slide... especially if its outside of the allotted 3 days of summer we get in lovely cold rainy Britain

I've had a KWC pistol before and it was pretty good, but broke and I found it impossible to find replacements for it. Cant speak for KJWorks as Ive never owned one of their guns. The WE 1911 is terrible, dont touch it with a bargepole.

If you want a metal gun because it "looks cooler" then fair enough, but if you want a reliable skirmishable sidearm that will work every time you need it to - then I'd still say get a plastic TM 1911 and leave it totally standard as it comes out of the box. Dont bother ruining it with metal kits because they just dont work.

Comment

Thanks,

Main reason for metal is I prefer the feel of it and always preferred something a little bit more weighty.
      If given the option, I will almost always go for a heavier option.

And thanks to this forum, I was saved from buying WE. Held and liked the feel of the WE Baby Hi Cappa, but did not take long before I realised its best to stay away from WE. So now trying to figure out a good alternative.

As mentioned, not only after a 1911, but possibly a glock.

Comment

In the last few years I've slowly traded and sold my normal green gas sidearms and gone over to co2 powered sidearms the one I use on a regular bassis is the kwc 1911 100th anniversary gbb co2 it is full metal and flawless in all weather conditions and shoots around the 340-350fps on .20bbs also have the kwc m1911 a1 tac co2 and the rwa nighthawk co2 1911 plus the premier glock 17 co2 all work fantastic all year round they sound awesome and give great kick and except for the glock they are reasonabley priced,personally I'm only going for co2 powered gbb airsoft replicas for the foreseeable future

Comment

Or have a look at the TM hi-capas and if you want it metal you can upgrade it, as much as you like..

Im doing a hi-capa build project at the moment..

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-Build-Project

Also dont be put off by WE not all of their guns are bad, WE have made leaps and bounds in quality over the last few years..

As for kWC 1911's i have them and i do like them a lot but the only real downside is you cant really get spares for them so when they break they become paper weights, but that will not stop me buying them totally..

ATB, Marc..
          Some Guns In My Collection:
          Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
          My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Getting a bit confused now with some brands. Some seem to have been re-branded.

Can anyone confirm some of the following.
            Cant find the info I had earlier, but was involving VFC, KWA, KSC and cyber gun. Anyone shed any light on these brands?

Comment

KWA and KSC are (apart from a few things) identical. I think KSC is their Japanese branch so they tailor the guns for their market (lower velocities, different slides etc). KWA are also distributed by ASG in Europe and sometimes they're marketed as that.

VFC make there own stuff but also OEM stuff for other companies such as Cybergun.

Cybergun don't make anything, they just rebrand and distribute stuff. They also hold some licenses that allows them to put correct trademarks on things (i think)
              sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shaddow Find out more about Shaddow
              Working...
              X