g&g mp5 or ics mp5 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g&g mp5 or ics mp5 pro

Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a new mp5 and I've narrowed it down to 2, I like the look of the g&g mp5sd6 and the ics mp5 pro with flashlight foregrip, any one have any recommendations or experience with these guns? Thanks

Re: g&g mp5 or ics mp5 pro

I have the ICS, it took a bit of running in but it's a great gun with excellent range and accuracy out of the box. The only issue I have is the lack of battery space in the foregrip, I can only get a 1000 mAh battery in it. I've fitted a standard stock now and my next project is rear wiring it...

Comment

Ive not used an ICS so cant speak for them, but Ive got a G&G and its phenomenally good. Ive never had a G&G gun before and didnt really know much about the brand, got it 2nd hand and wasnt expecting much - was going to use it as an upgrade project gun but bloody hell its stunning. So Im not touching it!

Comment

I had the G&G top-tech a while ago and it was absolutely awesome out of the box.

Then the gearbox fell in half at NAE and it was never the same

I guess the EBB puts more force on what's already a fairly weak gearbox (V2). If you get the EBB, make sure you have someone radius the gearbox to avoid these issues.

Comment

the ics is absolutely fantastic, except for the damned fire selector - I'd really recommend trying to get a hands on before you buy one. A few propriety parts, but probably worth it for the burst, and split gearbox.

Comment

Just to mix it up a bit - have you considered the TM MP5-A5 High Cycle? Drum mag, insane rate of fire, sounds amazing (really intimidating). I've owned one for a while now and every time I use it two things happen - 1. It makes me smile from ear to ear, 2. Players next to me say "wtf is that?". It sounds and fires like some sort of minigun.
            sigpic
            Member of the Outlaw Gaming Airsoft Team
            http://www.outlawgamingairsoft.co.uk
            "It's all about the Toky"

Comment

My experience with G&G hasn't been too great. ICS on the otherhand... Every day of the week! They are definitely worth the money and will perform amazingly!
              CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

I had an ICS MP5 a while back and it was lovely. Not the best externals and the internals weren't as sweetly running as they could have been BUT it worked. Well. Like, really well.

Used G&G M4s before but never one of their MP5s. So I don't see why their MP5s wouldn't be just as good.

EBB is a gimmick which I would either avoid or disable. It adds nothing to the functionality (its NOT blowback or recoil producing, its the mock bolt cover moving and just making an annoying clacking sound).

Battery space will always be limited on an MP5 due to the design of the gun, but with LiPo batteries being so common now in Airsoft, its not really a problem. You could easily get a 7.4v LiPo of a decent capacity in the hand guard that would last you at least half, if not a full day.

If you can try either before you buy then start there. If not, look to youtube if you haven't already, there will be lots of videos on there which you can see peoples reviews, thoughts or even just more angles of the gun to make your decision.
                sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

thanks for the advice guys, I think I will go for the g&g, Ive heard nothing but good things, especially when it comes to range/accuracy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jws009uk Find out more about jws009uk
                  Working...
                  X