Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L85 Optics

Yes I am

Anyway, I thought everyone knew the ACOG's weren't replacing the SUSAT's....

I just think the ACOG's look uber sexy...

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
    TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

(Back on topic)

Well I own a STAR SUSAT.....

(1st image not mine)

And it's a brilliant bit of kit. Build quality is excellent, a very accurate replica of the real thing.

Eye relief is an issue to some people, but it's the exactly the same as the real one.
      I don't find it an issue. You have to put your eye into the eyepiece, but it's comfortable once you get used to it.

Well worth the money if you ask me. Very solid. It feels like it could take a beating and still work.

Comment

you ask me the ACOG looks wrong on an sa80, SUSAT all the way, i do like ACOG's on m4's just not on the sa80
        Originally posted by Stones
        true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie013 View Post
          ACOGS are not replacing the SUSAT at all, the only reason the lads have ACOGs in theatre is koz the tritium inserts in the SUSATs are coming up to their expiry date, and the replacement Spectre (made by Ernst Leitz CANada, the same people who make the ELCAN) is still being trialled, and has not yet been deemed fit for service. The ACOGs are on long term loan from the septics.
          i guess the RSM of 42 Commando is wrong then...

Comment

What the Marines are doing and what the Army are doing are probably separate, although I would hazard a guess the contract with Elcan would be Tri-Service.

Do those pics have to be so big?....

Comment

They would be bigger if it was not for the re-sizer :p

And as far as I am aware, ACOG sights have replaced SUSATs on operations only.
              Last edited by bravotwozero; 30 May, 2010, 17:53.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                They would be bigger if it was not for the re-sizer :p.
                Maybe Pan's re-sizer doesn't work... :D :D

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
                TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

i guess the RSM of 42 Commando is wrong then...

love it, you 42 then gamble?

Comment

RM Stu. No mate, unfortunately i can't join till another 4 years cause of an medical issue. But my cousin is there and my Dad has been in for 33years so i've been living the military family life. Can't wait till i can join thou... guessing your in...

Comment

Yeah been 42 for the past 2 years now, im out in november though so just waiting about until then.

On topic - I have a Susat for my L85 (not sure on the susats make) plus the standard iron sights, ACOG and a red dot scope too. dont see a problem with any of them and its nice to have a bit of variety with them

Comment

sorry to open up lodish thread, where can i get the rail convertor to fit 20mm stuff, ie acog, eclan

Comment

Well, for what its worth, I have an Acog on mine, mainly because I didnt want to shell out for another new scope, and there are no decent copies of the Spectre out there as yet:

Only difference is that the Acog is now on a mounting rail with the throw levers...this is an old picture before I changed it over
                          Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                          There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

amandla36 Find out more about amandla36
                          Working...
                          X