Should I worry about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I worry about?

Hi all, this is my first post =P, i am new to airsoft, played twice at TWA, loving it and am hoping to get UKARA next month and get my own gear.
    i recently purchased some mesh goggles from heroshark and used them for the first time in yesturday's skirmish, i thought they were great. (my concern is with mesh in general, obviously not with heroshark, as i said i think they are great)
    however someone asked me if i was worried about bbs shattering on impact... i hadnt really thought about it, bt now i am lol. i mean the holes in the mesh are bigger than the ones in the rental masks and the like.
    i was just wondering, should i actually be worrying about this? i mean obviously theres always a chance your gonna get hurt in some form in a sport such as this. and iv heard stories about people losing teeth or parts of teeth, but not anyone having injuries due to bbs shattering on mesh.
    i got hit in the mask once or twice and it was fine but yea... does anyone have experience with this or anything?

Ace
    sigpic

Re: Should I worry about?

no, you cant fault herosharks quality, they are amazing and i wouldn't worry about anything

Comment

well thanks for that :P. obvioulsy il hear what others have to say but i just needed some clarification .
      iv heard many stories of people losing teeth or bits of teeth (i wear a neoprene half mask which will hopefully stop this) but never heard of bbs shattering, obviously it is something that could happen, i mean theres a lot that could happen in a sport like this, its just being asked yesturday got me a little worried.
      sigpic

Comment

heroshark are brilliant however if someone is using poor quality high street bb's then maybe they could shatter,
        Originally posted by parky
        If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

yae i can not fault heroshark in anyway, delivery was very prompt and the product was well packaged and im really pleased with them :D.
          i mean iv seen some reports of guys testing cheap bbs on mesh and they shatter at pointblank at 400 fps, but not at range. i mean tbh if it was a huge danger im sure that sites would say that only lenses can be used like in paintball.
          sigpic

Comment

yeah maybe but i have seen cheap bb's shatter when they have hit things like trees
            Originally posted by parky
            If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

apparently there was some testing made where cling film was stretched on the inside of the mask,and then the mask was shot at....there were some bbs that shattered but their energy was reduced to a point that they could not break the clingfilm....i suggest you try that yourself and see what happens...i honestly believe that you are just as likely to hurt your eye from a strong gust of wind blowing some debris into your eye.
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

More likely to get shot in the eye removing shades to wipe off the fog, than catch a shattering BB!

Comment

gd gd, coz i like mesh goggles lol. and tbh looking at you on saturday you seem to know what your doing when it comes to airsoft so thanks for the confidence :P, it does make sense as i did see a number of guys wiping their goggles as they were steaming up.
                  sigpic

Comment

All an illusion, lol!

Comment

lol well il be down for the next game, so be ready to keep up the illusion :P
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ace51635 Find out more about Ace51635
                      Working...
                      X