Magpie PDR-C, yay or nay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpie PDR-C, yay or nay

Hey guys, I'm in a dilemma, a mate is away travelling, & has asked me to flog his airsoft kit for him.
    One of the items is his little used magpul pdr-c, neat bit of kit but all the reviews I found are the usual stuff for when something's new on the market.
    Should I buy it for myself ?, long term are they reliable/worth having ?.
    Cheers in advance guys.
    Mark

Re: Magpie PDR-C, yay or nay

As far as i understand thete pretty good, esp if you play cqb.
    Only takes certain mags.
    I think the hop aint the best, but might be a mod now.
    Batteries are small, but you can buy a aftermarket grip ext, to allow bigger batterty n more comfortable grip.

If you like the look and feel, its a keeper
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I've never seen one work for an entire game... A friend has one and he has had it since they were first released. He has never had a full game out of it. The hop seems to be the main issue.
      And they are very tetchy with what magazines you try to use! That's not to say that every one is unreliable just the handful I have seen... Do you know if this particular one is in good working condition? does it have a history of issues?

I guess if you don't mind a bit of tech work it would be a great little gun for CQB!
      CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

I believe if you use pmags your have no problem
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

The last time I put rounds through his PDR it was with a pmag midcap... it was giving me about 25 feet of range...
          CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

Tbh it's not seen much gameplay, merely because he hasn't had time with previous work commitments.
            Might be worth me trying it for a full day to see how it performs ?

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
              Hey guys, I'm in a dilemma, a mate is away travelling, & has asked me to flog his airsoft kit for him.
              One of the items is his little used magpul pdr-c, neat bit of kit but all the reviews I found are the usual stuff for when something's new on the market.
              Should I buy it for myself ?, long term are they reliable/worth having ?.
              Cheers in advance guys.
              Mark
              My favourite rif! She's great!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Comment

I get over 60m range most highcaps work but most mids don't. Hops unusual it goes off either way and is correct in the middle. I use .28s in mine and I've never had any issues. The two stage trigger is quiet but crisp unlike aug replicas. Mag release is very familiar as it's in an ambidextrous position similar to an m4 as apposed to the rear like most bullpups the extended grip is a must. I fit a 1200mah turnigy 7.4 in there no problem. (the 25-50c version the other c ratings are bigger and do not fit though) all in all I love mine to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty3666 View Post
                  My favourite rif! She's great!

Your favorite rif because it's never let you down & does the job superbly ?
                  OR
                  You just like the look of it & aspire to owning one in the future ?

Comment

It's not let me down in the 6 months I've had it. It's incredibly compact and ergonomic and it looks excellent.

Comment

Comment

Thanks bud, I'm definitely attracted to it (not in a kinky way lol), gonna have to give it a comprehensive test drive soon.

P.S. Now I feel we need to see the rest of your display board, the bottom AR is sweet.

Comment

I've owned one, but sold it on for x2 main reasons:
                          (1) the compact design means it's like trying to aim a housebrick, rather than a broom....just imagine both and you'll get the idea.
                          (2) the two-stage trigger can be tricky if you're playing CQB with a single shot rule....you need good trigger discipline or you'll go full auto on someone's ass.

Saying that, it's very well made and a great bit of design. I got excellent range and accuracy too.
                          i had zero functionality issues during my ownership - Sold onto a friend and he's had no probs since (18months or so)
                          h e y d r i c h
                          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Cool, I previously owned an Aug, which same buddy bought from me, & while I coped with the 2 stagger trigger, not a big fan so thought I might fet the pdr-c for 3 round burst max, rarely use full auto on any of my aegs.

Comment

As stated I've found the two stage trigger far far nicer than my augs I've never unintentionally gone full auto. Anyway as requested I've also got this but I lent it to a mate so it's not on the wall atm

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tackle 53 & a bit fat now but still knackered. Find out more about tackle
                              Working...
                              X