Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a HPA DMR

Hey guys,
    Recently I went from using my single WE G19 G-Series with boring, unreliable green gas and I went and invested in not only a HPA tank, but a "Y" adapter, two lines and another G19!
    I have to admit, it's really REALLY good fun running around with two glocks, extended magazines and a steady, consistent FPS.

However....

I've been thinking that I'd quite like to get a DMR running on HPA, and then just have a single pistol as a secondary...
    I'd like to keep things cheap, and light, but I still want results obviously...

I was thinking about an ASG Mk1 Tactical Sniper (which is basically an elongated Luger), it's only £75 brand new, it's super light and the only downside I can see on the reviews online involve inconsistency, which I assume will be non-existent when I change the mag valve for HPA.

I'm open to suggestions though so let me know your thoughts!
    Cheers,
    Cal.

Re: Looking for a HPA DMR

I'm going to be working on a video soon about a friends HPA DMR setup... It started life as one of the limited edition VFC H&K G28's. It was a beast in it's standard form, but he's recently installed a Wolverine HPA kit. And it's incredible.
    He's using a QD suppressor with 3D printed baffles inside to suppress the muzzle report... It's almost silent from 30 feet away...

Obviously, at nearly a grand for the actual rifle and around 400 for the HPA setup, and weighing in at about the same as a wheelbarrow full of Accy Nori bricks, it is quite literally the entire opposite to what you are going for...
    CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

To be honest, running any gbb rifle with hpa is going to produce good results. I've ran an mp7, vector, g17 and currently my WE G36 with hpa and the consistency, range and accuracy have been fantastic.
      You could even just spruce up an M4 and run it as a DMR

Comment

Thanks guys,
        @Hairybear - I did consider that but currently my only M4 is a Krytac CRB - seems crazy taking out all of those lovely (and expensive) electronic internals.
        I do have a spare AK but I hear they're a bit crap for HPAing.

Comment

HPA is HPA; it doesn't really matter what the donor is. You could easily fit a drop-in solenoid conversion to your AK and get much the same results as anything else.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

callumbagshaw Find out more about callumbagshaw
          Working...
          X