• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amoeba am-013 vs G&G CM16 srxl

Amoeba am-013 vs G&G CM16 srxl
    Which would you recommend and why?

Re: Amoeba am-013 vs G&G CM16 srxl

I recently had to ask the same question and opted for the Amoeba AM-013.
    It came highly recommended by a couple of guys at my local site who run them alongside other much higher spec gear (HPA Vector).
    Also comes with a 6.03 barrel as standard, so no need to upgrade the barrel.

From what I read on both, cant really go wrong on either, just depend the look you want.

Comment

To be honest I've always wanted an am-013 mostly because of the trigger response and secondly I love the look.
      However, I plan to go to the National airsoft event in August, and was wondering if the Amoeba has enough range.
      Do you know which of the two performs better, in terms of range and accuracy?
      I am also aware of the G&G battery problems due to its mosfet that won't really accept batteries under 9.6v. And the fact it's very specific with the types of M4 mags it's compatable with.

Comment

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to take mine out yet, but will be this Sunday at my local site near Banbury.
        Accuracy wise, target shooting in my back garden, group is tight and very accurate when shooting at around 20m.
        Will take a few ranged shots on site this Sunday and let you know the kind of range I get from it.
        Cant honestly imagine there being that much difference in performance between the 2. Logic would say the AM-013 should be better with the tighter barrel, so more accuracy and potentially distance.

Cant comment on Batteries, I run 7.4V LiPo that seems to do a good job. And yeah, forgot about the AM-013 trigger mech, so another upgraded part straight out the box.

Only negative I have found so far was that my hi-cap mag that came with the AM-013 has quite a bit of free play side to side when fitted.
        Using mid-caps, they sit night and tight with expected levels of movement.

I would get whichever you like the look of more, as both can be upgraded to compensate for any shortcomings in performance.

Comment

My son is running the G&G ETU and MOSFET and it has no problem at all with 7.4v LiPo batteries. However, G&G M4s are very fussy about magazines; we have found that they take G&G high- and mid-caps and MAG midcaps very happily.

Comment

Thanks, I think I'll get the am-013

Comment

Don't think you will be disappointed. I love mine. Add a red dot sight to it and ready to go!

Comment

Any advice what mags I should get for it?

Comment

I am using AS polymer 85round mags. Sit nice and have not had any feeding issues. Plan to get some steel ones later, but these will do for now, and they are cheap. Think £35ish for a box of 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you reckon G&G high caps will feed properly?

Comment

G&G high caps seems to feed well in most AEGs.

Comment

If you are not sure about fitment, best option would be to take it along to your local airsoft shop and see what they have. That is what I did and how I ended up with the mags I have.
                        Good Luck

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KyleRO Find out more about KyleRO
                        Working...
                        X