Tokyo Marui Upgrade Advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui Upgrade Advice.

Hi im after some advice, been looking through a lot of forums of people mainly wanting to turn their M14, socom or long, into a DMR.... I am not after this!

I have a stock, tokyo marui m14 (long varient) that i want to upgrade, its my first time with upgrades (other than sticking new motors in and that sort of thing) so speak to me like you would a toddler .

It currently sits at around 260-270 FPS on a 0.2g BB, which is too low!! I need it to be around 370 (obviously for site limits) but i do not want it as a DMR (whatever limits they are).
    Accuracy is also a big thing i would like to make sure stays good on the TM M14. Need dat range and accuracy just at a higher FPS!

Sticking a m100 spring in would do the trick, perhaps? But i was thinking something a little more substantial to hopefully maintain, or ideally improve accuracy at range whilst also giving it a decent bump in fps!

As i said im a noob. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Tokyo Marui Upgrade Advice.

The only way to get the significant increase you're after is to fit a heavier spring. An ultra tight bore barrel (PDI 6.01) will give you a lift of about 10-15fps. A Prometheus 6.03 would be more accurate but only lift the muzzle velocity by around 3-5fps. I'm not sure if the TM M14 has metal bushings for the gears; if not they are a given.

To avoid a drop in rate of fire you should upgrade the motor but you can do stuff like using bearings instead of bushes or a mix of the two, fit a mosfet - any type will give a small boost in electrical efficiency - and perhaps rewire with a high quality wire. Standard Marui's only have a low amp fuse (15A?) so energy efficiency isn't great; when I upgraded my Type 89 I ended up fitting a 25A fuse when I changed to a Titan motor and a 7.4V lipo. You can also do stuff like lighten the piston and fit a lightweight piston without bearings - do fit a bearing Spring guide though.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
    It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jrb3004 Find out more about Jrb3004
    Working...
    X