Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aa-12 bb weight advice sought

Hi folks

Just bought myself a tokyo marui aa12 and am about to order some extra bb's for a upcoming game.

Was about to order my usual 25's which I use in the rest of my rif's but stopped myself as the fps on this is a bit lower than the usual. Didn't want to find I bought 25s and it severely impacted the range.

Was wondering from other aa12 owners do you use 20s or are 25's fine to use with little or no loss of range?

Thanks
    Az

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Aa-12 bb weight advice sought

0.25's will be fine. TM's can use 0.28s too with no difficulty. Just because they have a slightly lower FPS does not meant they will have a reduced range. TM's are renowned for having some of the best accuracy and range characteristics of any rifles in stock form, I doubt they're AA12 is any different. Depending on the situation you're in, you could always mix weights from 0.2 - 0.3 and give it much more of a spread/scatter pattern. Could be quite effective!
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Fair enough thanks and the different weights is a interesting idea. Wonder how well it'd work

Comment

If you're after suppression, mixing weights works well.

When I used to run my Stoner LMG and then M60, I'd mix .2, .25 and .28 which gave the gun a good spread or 'cone' effect, keeping people suppressed.
        sigpic
        "I are God, lol."

Comment

Thanks for the tip will give that a go if I'm in a suppression role. Need to be sparing on full auto as a 1 second burst could result in 1 person getting hit by thirty bb's.

Comment

Interesting, i tried all weights in mine and found I liked 2s best. Play a fairly open cqb site and wanted them to go a decent distance rather than looking for spread. Even 25s were noticably shorter.

Comment

Really? That's interesting thanks. Will try both when I take it out and then see what it prefers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Azarken Retired airsofter looking to get back into it Find out more about Azarken
              Working...
              X