Faulty gas or mag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty gas or mag?

Just purchaced my first GBB pistol in the form of a marui p226 and some gas for it, when i get it home and load it up to fire a few shots in my garden range i notice its making a louder than normal hissing sound when i try to gas it up, sounding as if the gas isnt going into the mag properly and when i come to fire it, it makes a few shots then the gas runs out, i fired it in the shop but didnt pay to much attention to it being filled and it did get through a whole mag, i think its the gas but has anyone else had this problem? The gas i purchaced was just some bog standard zero one pro gas.

Re: Faulty gas or mag?

Originally posted by monkeytrumpets View Post
    Just purchaced my first GBB pistol in the form of a marui p226 and some gas for it, when i get it home and load it up to fire a few shots in my garden range i notice its making a louder than normal hissing sound when i try to gas it up, sounding as if the gas isnt going into the mag properly and when i come to fire it, it makes a few shots then the gas runs out, i fired it in the shop but didnt pay to much attention to it being filled and it did get through a whole mag, i think its the gas but has anyone else had this problem? The gas i purchaced was just some bog standard zero one pro gas.
    Are you holding the gas canister upside down when gassing the mag? don't hold it sideways, or push the mag on to the canister from above etc.. also ensure the nozzle from the canister is pushed firmly and straight on to the mag fill valve..g'luck

Comment

Yeah the canister is upside down and im pushing fairly hard, should the canister nozzle enclose the nozzle in the mag or just push against it because it seems like its just pushing against it

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

It should just press up against it. Are you keeping the fill valve in the mag vertical? You don't keep the mag base horizontal to the gas can with these.

This shows it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yppudRt7sA
        Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Yeah im doing exactly that but there is a loud hissing sound, not quiet like in the video

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

It could be a faulty can or magazine. Best bet would be to go back to the shop with both & see what they say.
            Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Does the nozzle appear undamaged?
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Have you tightened the screw on the base of the magazine as that can lead to a leak?

Curlyboy
                'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Remove the screw and put a layer of Teflon tape around the threads and replace the O ring..... Should be fine after that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

If its a TM then they don't have silent fill mags, so the sound of escaping gas is actually the air being released from inside the magazine as its replaced with the gas from the bottle. Make sure you fill it for a good 10 seconds to ensure its full.

Also, try other gasses. Abbey Sniper Gas is good and powerful.

Also make sure the pistol is clean and correctly lubricated. You want as little friction as possible on the slide
                    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

The P226 mag is in two halves so can leak if the screw on the bottom is not really tight and the valves on the bottom do leak but very rarely so maybe the seals are dry, do you leave gas in the mag when not in use?

Curlyboy
                      'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

The OP bought this new from a shop.
                        Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

monkeytrumpets Find out more about monkeytrumpets
                        Working...
                        X