Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS sport line any good?

are the ICS sport lines any good?
    also do people find full stocks on M4 get in the way or do they look strange.
    also if i change the delta ring could i use a non ICS RIS front or will the body not except any other brand.

thanks

Re: ICS sport line any good?

Do you mean Classic Army Sport line?

Comment

ok ICS plastic body guns

Comment

The ICS sportline guns are great. I've got one of the M4 commando's and it's awesome.

The delta-ring is a marui-type, so any marui-compatible RIS unit will fit. I'm not sure about the threading on the barrel nut, but I've heard that G&P delta-rings might fit if you did want a real-steel styled delta-ring. I can't confirm it though.

The internals are great on the gun too and it shoots great as standard. You can read my full review in the reviews section.

As for full-stocks, they're good on a full-length M4 or M16, but they do look a little out of place on anything shorter than a 14" barrel.

Comment

would u say it was better then a G&G gr16 blowback

Comment

in my experience anything can be better than the G&G GR 16 Blowback
            Originally posted by parky
            If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

my first gun was an ICS plastic MP5, was a beauty range was the only issue i had, even after spending about an hour fiddling with the hop i was struggling to hit a target at 100ft, but it never failed me and never cracked
              hasta la vista, baby

Comment

what would be better ca sportline or ICS plastic

Comment

ics plastic same internals as the metal just a different motor
                  the ca is plastic internals
                  Originally posted by parky
                  If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

so ics would be better then. also one thing i am worried about is the compatibility of other brand in ics guns like front ends, stocks and hop up as i don't think they are compatibly if some could shed some light on that if they are or not

Comment

Front ends will usually fit a TM style front end (this applies to handguards and some RIS sets, not outer barrels).
                      Fixed stocks will require modding (in case you're wondering, the fixed stock on an M4 is actually surprisingly comfortable). You can fit other brands of retractable stocks onto an ICS stock tube, though some may require modding (usually cutting off/filing down parts as they will be a tight fit onto the tube.). This also applies to sling mounts, such as the D-Boys one, which needs to be filed down to fit.

The hop up is fine the way it is. Just get a different rubber/nub if you want to upgrade it, otherwise leave it as is. Will save you a number of headaches. Other brands of hop up may require the base to be filed down.
                      Internal mechbox parts are 100% compatible with TM and SYSTEMA parts except for the anti-reversal latch and the nozzle, which needs to work with the ICS hop-up unit. If you get a different hop-up, swap out the nozzle.

Finally, if you're wondering, other brands of metal bodies DO NOT fit on ICS guns, you'll have to use ICS bodies.

Mags are standard and any decent brand mags will work fine.

Comment

thank you that was a big help
                        also tanks to anyone who had posted

Comment

here is my last question which one would you buy
                          ics Plastic(same inters as a £300 gun but compatibility issues)
                          CA sportline (cheapest)
                          TM sr16 m4(comes with full rail system and rail covers and foregrip)
                          all about the same price

Comment

I'd go with the TM, ICS are good; but compatibility options are very limited, so only ICS metal bodies fit; after-market handguards are troublesome... Depends on what you want to do to it really.

CA plastic on the handgaurds are a bit cheap feeling, but I've replaced mine with a metal fore-end.

Comment

Originally posted by jmusa View Post
                              the ca is plastic internals
                              I'm assuming you mean externals? Metal barrel is a one piece, everything apart from the body. - Everything is metal inside, apart from the nylon bushings and hop-up unit.

Is SRC a consideration?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                              Working...
                              X