Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares AW.338

Hi Guys,
    I am taking a big interest in the CNC version of the above.
    Now i have read many reviews and am liking what i am reading.
    What confuses me is the magazines and systems for the magazines i.e. the clips and various gases.
    has anyone had any first hand experience with these and there magazines.
    Many thanks,
    Jmusa
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Re: Ares AW.338

The magazines are split into two for cost cutting on your side, you have the main housing of the magazine which holds your gas and then theres a clip that slides into the magazine that holds your bb's. you can buy either, complete mag is at £70 clips are a lot cheaper.

Gas wise, i always recommend using dry propane and then storing mags with maintenance gas after use, dont fire silicon down into the gun, wrecks the hop.

Youll need to upgrade the gun really, and get o ring replacement kits etc.
    its pretty inconsistent.

Comment

is it because if its high maintenance then its not really for me if you know what i mean.
      If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

Gas rifles need to be treated the same as real rifles, you clean it after every use, and it has picky needs like dry propane and good bbs.

if thats not for you, then...what the eff :p

Comment

Hah lol
          well if all it needs is a good clean after use and gas maintenance of the mags then i may be able to do it.
          i take it then that these dissasemble like the real thing.
          also whats its performance like.
          i was thinking of using 134a to keep it in site aeg limits

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

Problem with 134a and other gases is the silicon, it gets into the hop and that will just make your cleaning harder, the hop needs to stay dry to work properly, its not a problem if your up for drying all that out after.

quite a speciality all this gas rifle business.

Comment

There's no point using it at that fps.

They use AEG Hops and barrels. So not particularly accurate or consistent. It won't perform like a Tanaka or VSR.
              Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

ok so i take propane will be the best for the rifle then but what will that do for trhe fps.
                sorry for all the Q's.

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

thats another thing as well as he said theres no point using it at that fps, just lugging something big and heavy around, you can think of these rifles as the serious snipers rifles who intend on using it as realistic as possible (not saying vsr etc isnt)

Theres no regulator as i can see for fps, if you have issues with range then dont think about getting one, as really its a high fps rifle.

if your desperate for a gas AI rifle then look at tanaka and the PCS bolt (power control system)

Comment

ok well ill keep searching
                    thanks mate

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

If you're stuck at AEG levels, get an M14, and go for a M21 DMR role.

I wouldn't use any other AEG for that role - SPR and whatnot's just don't have good enough hops.

You could go for a Tanio Koba Twist Barrel in a VSR, Tanaka or AW338 for that matter. That's good for 330 fps guns. 60-65m range, but they travel slowly and seem to 'float' to the target. People can literally move out of the way. Still though - it makes the range possible.

You can hit out to 60m with a 350fps TM M14.

But those are your range limits really at AEG levels.
                      Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JMusa Chilled out and enjoying airsoft Find out more about JMusa
                      Working...
                      X