ICS Galil ARM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS Galil ARM

I'm looking to get one of these as my next new weapon.

Has anyone had any experience of them?

Are there any stand out issues that need to be addressed?

(I know about the high fps, but that's easily remedyed)

Re: ICS Galil ARM

i've held one and fired one.

they're quite big, but well weighted, not to heavy, not to light.

the one i used had a wobbly fore grip, but thats easily fixed.

shooting wise, i fired it on a range, not in the skirmish field, fired nice i suppose, nothin that really stood out.

all round they're very nice, i decided not to go for one as i don't wanna do the whole isrealli thing, plus they ain't an eastern block country which is what i'm more into.

Boris
    K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Hey dude, I have a Galil. Where are you looking to get one? I have so far used it in one skirmish and its awesome, here is my mini review:

Pros

-TERRIBLY accurate and very nice rate of fire.
      -The stick battery that comes with it only started to wither away at the end of the last game, so I have bought a 2nd one just in case as its only an 8.4 1100mAh.
      -You might find yourself using single or firing burst shots on full auto just because you don't really need full auto!
      -It has great range
      -Lastly the gun is gorgeous in its full metal and because of this, it gets the looks from everyone!

Cons
      -There isn't enough room to put in a larger battery but as I said in the pros, just buy a 2nd one, hell the one that comes with it from land warrior is a great battery, but the battery problem isn't at all putting me off the gun - we all need spares!
      -The battery cover sometimes can be a bit wobbly and it rattles, but that's only if you put that battery inside wrong then it should fit nice and snug.
      -The cocking lever can snag on the side of the battery tearing its protective cover, mines only grazed it so far but be careful.
      -The folding stock has a slight wobble to it, but which other gun hasn't? Not sure if there's anything you can do about it but I wouldn't even bother because its not that noticeable in game.
      -Lastly is the mag situation, the gun comes with 1 400rd high cap. I just spent £135 on [**** *******] ordering 5 midcaps. I believe I spent £40 pounds on 5 m4 mid caps for my SA80... The guns magwell does not except AK mags (do not believe people who say oh yeah its an ak variant sure they will fit - they don't). King arms are they only reliable maker of the mags and it costs £30 for a high cap and £26 for a midcap.

Also lastly, I know that the title of the thread is ICS Galil, however I must bring to your attention that you (if you know where to get the ICS Galil) shouldn't get it! Just because it is ICS! They are double the price of the weapon I bought from land warrior, and you can easily upgrade the weapon yourself to surpass the standard of the ICS. The gun STRAIGHT out of the box is incredible and I would not recommend it more, its that badass. If your still not convinced, check out CrazyNCmans review on youtube, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ymMVGs7znE

here are some pics of my weapon and me using it (so you can see it in action)

Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 3 June, 2010, 06:57.
      My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Utorak007

Comment

Thanks Utorak. Much appreciated, and very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by starscream View Post
          Thanks Utorak. Much appreciated, and very helpful.
          No problem holmes, glad i could help! Hope you get one - they are delish.

As i did say though the only problem is finding mags - and i've just found out by another user on a different thread that i have posted that the good £135 quid i spent on some KA mid caps might have to be sent back because they don't fit - will update on this when they arrive so you know!
          My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Utorak007

Comment

sorry to necro post a bit, but didnt think i should start a new thread, i also am seriously considering the same weapon, did you get it? and if so how has it performed?
            cheers

Comment

have the gali arm with wood stock...Great gun..range , accuracy and rate of fire..only down side is the wobble on the hand guard and the pin that holds the stock in place..change this as soon as posible with a screw type thread as the stock one will fall out and your whole front end comes to bits..once you have cured this problem its a rock solid gun...Utorak ..wasnt your gali a china version not an ics
              sigpic

Comment

I have to say this but if you get a Galil, you must run around shouting "F$$CKING PRAWNS!"
                Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
                I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

starscream Find out more about starscream
                Working...
                X