Umarex / Tokyo Marui AEG MP7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umarex / Tokyo Marui AEG MP7?

Hi, I've been looking for a TM MP7 in the UK only to find they're out of stock everywhere. On the other hand I've found the Umarex in stock quite a lot for some similar prices. Is the performance of the Umarex up to scratch? I'm not expecting TM range but I've read that it's only 220 FPS and haven't seen many videos of it which makes me want to avoid it a bit unless someone has personal experience.
    So the questions I have,
    What kind of range should I be expecting?
    How easily can I upgrade the barrel and hop?
    How reliable is the gearbox?
    How easily can I up the FPS without changing too many internals?
    Thanks.

Edit: Just found out this may well be a rebranded WELL MP7? Has the brand changed or has the price just been upped? I'm seeing it around the £200 from retailers
    Last edited by JR0210; 15 August, 2016, 23:10.

Re: Umarex / Tokyo Marui AEG MP7?

As far as I'm aware, Umarex are just a licensing company.

The Umarex MP7 will be exactly the same as the WELL, you're just paying the extra for HK trademarks.
    sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Comment

The Umarex version that's around £200 isn't the same/rebranded Well MP7. I've got the Well vers (and i've previously owned the TM vers).
      I bought mine from somewhere new for about £40 all in!
      It'll do the job in real CQB environments, but range is pretty poor - not much over about 30 feet. A TM hop would probably make a big difference.
      The TM vers was superb for CQB, and altho the range was more than edequate in most situations, the gun always felt a bit puny.

I've seen the Umarex one in Ai magazine (in one of their upgarde features) and they were closer to £100 back then

hope that helps
      h e y d r i c h
      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Umarex / Tokyo Marui AEG MP7?

I had the TM one. Disappointing.....

Too big as a side arm, unable to compete with regular AEGs as a primary.

Would avoid.

Just saying....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the replies I'm looking to get it upgraded to the point of a primary and use it in more of a recon role anyway so hopefully it should hold up? I'm looking for a boneyard TM one if anyone is looking to sell

Comment

Hmmm, in woodland games, you might struggle with it as a primary...certainly not going to compete with AEGs on range
            h e y d r i c h
            L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Won't be too much of an issue, I usually only get into contact from max about 50m since I'll be using a ghille too this will mainly be one I can just lie in wait with and occasionally pick people off if they get a bit too close.

Comment

I used a TM MP7 as a primary for a long while... In woodland and CQB. The range was pretty good as far as I am concerned. The only downside is the low fps meant that more often than not people at the extent of it's range didn't feel the hits on the first shot. I've only had a very little experience with the WELL version, but they seem pretty solid and perform almost as good as the TM.
                CBMPC:TV! youtube channel - here! - game footage, random adventures, reviews and much more coming soon!

Follow the CBMPC! airsoft team on twitter @cbmpc

Comment

I use the Umarex MP7 GBB. I utterly love it, FPS isn't an issue with the gas version. I have to turn my NPAS down more often than not on the summer months with my max FPS being 410 on a particularly warm day. When the weather is cooler, King Arms do a great extended barrel suppressor which gives you some extra poke to compensate for your gas not going as far.

If you can stretch for the Umarex GBB I would say don't hesitate, it's so easy to maintain. The only real issue is that the 40rnd mags cost in excess of £50 which is a bit of a stinger but they're solid pieces of kit which stand the test of time so you get your monies worth out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JR0210 Find out more about JR0210
                  Working...
                  X