Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring or Gas sniper?

Hi all,

After going to a new site I am looking to get a weapon more suited to an open woodland environment- a sniper. Before you all say that i shold get an AEG, and that i might not like sniping, i have tried both extensively and i must say an AEG does not appeal to me very much. So, ive seen two options for a sniper- a tm vsr10 pro sniper rifle and a well g25. However, i was wondering which system to choose.

All help appreciated,
    Bukkerz
    BOOM!

Re: Spring or Gas sniper?

The TM, by unfathomable miles. Apart from the fact that british weather will ruin the consistancy of all but the most reliable gas rifles, TM beat the flying faeces out of Well.

Comment

so basically i should go for the vsr; TKOS, do you have any first hand opinions/observation on the vsr? e.g its range form stock etc?
      BOOM!

Comment

Yes. I have owned the stock version, upgraded that a fair bit, and now own a fully upgraded Gspec.

The stock rifle is very accurate, but only gets as far as Aeg range (~50m). I would recommend either:

Tightbore, 320-340fps spring, going light and marksman style without a minimum engaement distance. Relying on stealth and fieldcraft to get the kills. Personally I found this to be very, very rewarding.

Or a full overhaul and a hike to 500fps, then rely on range to get the kill.

Personally I am currently trying a mixture. I have my Gspec with my personally preferred internal setup, at 400fps, and balance stealth with staying within range but further than minimum engagement distance.

Either way, the VSR is a perfect rifle, both on it's own and as an upgrade platform. And it's very well priced.

And no, I don't work for TM.

Comment

i like spring, simply for consistancy.

but it is a pleasure to cock a gas rifle, so much more easy and quiet.

Boris
          K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Originally posted by kommissarboris View Post
            but it is a pleasure to cock a gas rifle, so much more easy and quiet.
            I have found a well kept Springer Rifle can be often or not, much quieter and easier to pull then most Gas Rifles. Heck, one of my friends has a TM G-Spec and that thing has one of the easiest pulls I have ever felt. It's like a hot knife through butter :D
            sigpic
            http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, i think im robably going to go for a tm vsr, and upgrade it a bit (only to 328 tho-site limit), Just wondering, are TK twist barrels worth the price? as in do they make the bb go much further than a tightbore?

Thanks all,
              Bukkerz
              BOOM!

Comment

They work well at 300ish fps, but over that a tightbore starts performing better. Personally, I'd just go with a tightbore. It'll be easily accurate enough.

Comment

for the first venture into the world of being a sniper rifle user ,

go with spring ,

alot more consistant from the off out of the box , easier to use ,

and very nice to tune and tinker with as you learn about the rifle you choose ,

as TKOS said ,

TM vsr or TM g-spec ,

only 280fps but more then enough for the performance you get from it , after a while , can change the hop rubber to a more consistant one, a tightbore barrel to add more accuracy and tiny bot more distance ,

there are many things you can do to a spring sniper rifle , compared to the ammount can be done to a gas sniper rifle variant,

Comment

if your going to upgrade it,you could maybe get a second hand JG
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Issue is there that you'd rather have the hop chamber being TM, or I personally would.

Out of the three hop rubbers/chambers, the TM outranks both the Laylax and the JG, though you wouldn't believe it. What's more you can easily modify an AEG tightbore to go in a VSR.

Comment

oooh so i should get a tm hop chamber...nice one
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Tm vsr 10
                          VK

Lightweight Assualt Boots for Sale
                          Size 7 but fitted me till I was a size ten.
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...269#post610269

Comment

Vsr 10 hands down as less can go wrong and its more consistent.
                            sigpic

Comment

thank you all :D
                              BOOM!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bukkerz Find out more about Bukkerz
                              Working...
                              X