Need Advice On Blank Firing Grenades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice On Blank Firing Grenades

Hey so I am snooping after a BFG and I was wondering overall which one do you guys think is best. It needs to meet some criteria for example it CANNOT be 12 gauge as my site only allows 9mm max as nobody wears hearing protection there. And secondly I play in a forest and as its particularly wet in the UK the floor is usually soft and so I think a timer would be best, not to mention we are only allowed to under arm the grenades (Over arm + BFG + players head = KO).
    I don't know much about these. I have heard the dynatec name lots and ohshiboom but I think those are impacts.

Do the BFG's vary in sound even if they are using the same round because I think the bigger boom is always better lol
    Anyway tell me what you think, what company do you use and how do you find general operation and maintenance?
    Also where is a place to get cheap ammo for the stuff. No point getting one if I cant use it.

Also I would say my budget is less than £100. Second hand would also be an option for me but if you are sending offers no guarantee I will buy them, I am still undecided.
    Also I have heard you need a defense for owning one. I dont have a UKARA is that an issue for me buying the grenade AND ammo!?

Re: Need Advice On Blank Firing Grenades

You do not need a specific defence for a bfg, you merely need to be over 18 and sign a pyrotechnics waiver type thing.

I used a dynatec dominator impact grenade, so can't comment on the timed one, but mine was excellent. It never failed to detonate, required 0 maintenance, in fact it specifically stated in the destruction manual to not oil, disassemble, etc.

Comment

I have used but dont own a Dynatex BFG. It was years old and never failed.

It was a bit fiddly to reload but not impossible on the field and it was timed. You pulled the pin and threw it. About 3 seconds later it went bang. We used it mainly for room and corridor clearing. It was used in tandem with a Dynatex impact grenade, i'm not sure what model. Again that was a great bit of kit, but only really for indoors.

We initially used them with 9mm blanks but the last few times used .209 primers. More than loud enough and much cheaper.

They went out of production years ago but have just been reintroduced. In fact Zeroin stock them.

But, to be honest, for woodland I prefer the MKV pyro. They go bang and I don't worry about loosing them. And at a couple of quid ago, for the amount of times I use them it just makes sense.

CBH

Comment

Thanks for the fast and informative replies guys. Yeah my site does stock pyros (we cant use our own at my local unless they have thoroughly safety checked them) but they have been really unreliable in the past although I think they have a new brand now "thunderflash" as the old Chinese knockoffs kept going off in pockets and so on, the only problem I have with them is when I am wearing my gloves they are fiddly to strike not to mention where I have to store them in my vest is not the safest either. Either way I think I might pick up a dynatex I guess you never truly know until you get one.

Comment

Better option for a timed BFG is the VTG. Comes in many different colours, takes all kinds of ammo via the adapters, 2 year warranty, fantastic aftercare support and £65. Dynamics don't have any warranty.

I run 5 VTGs. They have been abused and have never failed.

You may also want to consider running .209 Shotgun Primers instead of 9mm. They are less expensive than 9mm ammo (circa £8 per 100 rounds as opposed to 9mm which is often £13 for 50 rounds), they come in at roughly the same decibel rating and easier to source. A lot of people have gone over to them in recent times.

IN woodland though, how far you can throw a BFG is limited, the ground often won't let it roll or slide, plus you then have to go and find it. In woodland, disposable pyro often allows for further throws, but comes with other downsides. Indoors, BFGs are king and a lot of sites wont allow chemical burning pyro.
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Yeah I can tell you guys I am the owner of a VTG. They where having a sale so I got one for £65 which was less than the dynatex. My forest site has certain "maps" as we call them and some of them for example our "village" has lots of buildings (probably about 30) in really close proximity so that is when they come in useful. We also have a two story fort which has dog legged entrances and it has lots of places to hide up top and so when things get close the BFG's start rolling around. So distance is not an issue. Also thanks for the advice about the .209 I wasnt sure if they would have the same noise as the bigger boom the better and I was just about to start a thread about it

Comment

Originally posted by roryrocker13 View Post
              Also thanks for the advice about the .209 I wasnt sure if they would have the same noise as the bigger boom the better and I was just about to start a thread about it
              There is *some* difference in sound although it is so minimal that its not significant. The difference is more in the tone of the sound rather than overall decibel level. I know we did a load of tests at SWAT (the guys who make the VTGs) but it was a while ago so I cant remember off the top of my head the difference in sound. To be honest, I marshalled for them every weekend for ages and I could barley tell the difference between .209 and 9mm.
              sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Yeah I can understand there would be some as there is not as much powder but I think 9 pence a shot (I included the price of postage) compared to like 40 pence I think I can allow for some difference.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roryrocker13 Got into airsoft young. Been playing for around 6 years (as of Jan 2016) first gun was a Well l96. Small tip: dont get a sniper as your first gun. It requires much more patients than you will have and you will find it very hard the first couple of times. Find out more about roryrocker13
                Working...
                X