Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little help for a noob trying to do some research on AEG's

Hi all,

So im new... Thought id join as im guessing im going to need to pick peoples brains for a while.

So im looking at getting my first AEG, been searching zero One website and not sure what to get.
    I would like something decent and reliable out of the box then possibly learn to do upgrades myself in the future.

I was looking at TM brand AEG's as people say they are built well and can be easy for parts and upgrades ect but the FPS seems rather low compared to other brands. Im guessing this is because you have to upgrade (which im not ready to do yet as i no nothing about the internals yet) which to me for the price i dont think stock will be very good for me. I like the TM's but i think il go that brand a little later when im comfortable upgrading muself.

Then i remember the ICS brand was the main brand a long time ago when i went to GZ for the first couple times but on the forums i hear about G&G and G&P.

G&G seems really cheap price wise which is why i havent really look into them much and G&P seems Perfect but i dont want to commit till i get so enlightenment on the situation

Please someone help.

Re: little help for a noob trying to do some research on AEG's

TM > everything for the price imo

Don't let the FPS fool you. Its not everything. FPS doesn't mean range. Just how fast it will get there. Most TMs can out range any gun that has 30-50+ fps on it. As their hop units and extremely good. Best you can get stock without a doubt.

G&Gs are decent for the price thats about it. Good Solid starter budget gun.

G&P are also good, but very over priced for what you get tbh, they do have very good Externals but i would rather have the TM performance for sure and considering G&P is in the £350-400 range the TM Next Generation Recoil Shock Series Guns start to pop up and are without a doubt the best guns currently out in my opinion and many would agree.

Hope that helped
    Tokyo Marui - Recoil 416
    Full Prometheus Internals --- BTC spectre --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Tokyo Marui - L96 AWS
    Full PDI Internals --- Full Laylax/PDI externals --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Comment

OK, i kinda liked the idea of TM in the first place but thought it was under powered for the price. So although TM will get the distance will it also have enough power for someone to relise they have been hit?

Would you advise to wait another month to go TM or just get the next best thing. It is my first AEG, i usually like to go the best when i start out but wandering if the £400 - £500 price tag is worth it. What is the next best thing? Will it perform well.

Comment

If you don't want blow back and bolt stop, and don't want to upgrade and you want a gun with the best externals then buy a VFC
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

When I was looking at upgrading my AEG it was a choice between the TM Recoil series or a Krytac. I spent ages deliberating and eventually I went with a Krytac.

Why? The main issue was cost. The Krytacs are cheaper and don't need prepriortry magazines or batteries. And although the UK Krytacs have down graded springs they still shoot fantastic and have great internals.

The TMs are fantastic guns, but you won't be disappointed with a Krytac if you decide to save yourself a few hundred quid.

CBH?

Comment

Ive been down the VFC 416 route. It was nice when i had it. But once i took the leap into TM recoil 416 I never looked back. Ive had COUNTLESS guns, G&G, ICS, (still own a G&P), VFC, JG, Classic army, Krytac, list goes on etc and TM has been the only one that truly satisfied me as "the best" as I am much like you. If i'm going to do something, I 100% it.
            I do agree VFC have the best externals out there, they only have slightly better externals imo, and i mean slightly like the stock is really nice and maybe the rail and the that's about it. Internals are okay. I had trouble with my trigger contacts on them. I would say VFC is more of an upgrading route gun.
            If you have the money, nothing beats Tm recoil in my eyes and its well known that TM have the best stock guns on the market if your not into upgrading.
            Tokyo Marui - Recoil 416
            Full Prometheus Internals --- BTC spectre --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Tokyo Marui - L96 AWS
            Full PDI Internals --- Full Laylax/PDI externals --- Rhop --- EDGI barrel --- KOA Service

Comment

This is what a tech says:

Every gun will eventually wear out after using it. The difference is how long it'll take to wear out.
              Your non recoil TMs are generally lowish FPS and have under stressed parts... they therefore last a long long time. So people stick bigger springs into them. My MP5K (1 as I have 3) is 11 years old. It feeds, it shoots it hops and it is accurate. The FPS has on it has degraded terribly so it's more like an AEP. It's still enough for people to call their hits. I was shot in the bum with it from about 15 metres away on my rear jean pocket I still felt it. I use it a lot because I don't think it's great to hurt people. I'm not one of those who run around with a 349FPS gun and point blank people. Recently a dude snuck up behind me pressed the barrel of his 348FPS gas gun in my back said surrender and triple tapped me

You could buy one expensive gun or you could do what I do. Buy guns (off here) do some minor fixing on them use them for a bit until I tire of them and sell them on for £20-30 or so less than I bought them for. Sometimes I get exactly what I paid for it back.

The good thing about this is you get to try all sorts of gun types and see what is good for you.

I utterly loathe the M4/M16/AK/G36 gun style and went through many of these guns.

I went through an Mp5 stage where I had an Mp5A3 and MP5SD but found laying down and crawling under things at certain sites wasn't so good as the mag kept getting mud on the bottom. The fact the old TM design where you have to split the shell to get to the hop is a pain in bum. I only kept the Mp5Ks.

I also loathe Uzi/Mp7/Mp9 well I sort of liked the Mp9 but the gas mags cost an arm and a leg and I had my spare mag bag (3 mags stolen). I didn't like the UMP45 as the mag stuck out way too far and being close to the ground wasn't easy.

I loathed historical SMGs like tommy guns, grease guns (sterling didn't feel good to hold).

On my journey I found I liked bullpups. Even within this niche I hated the AUG. I liked the P90 as it is ridiculously easy to disassemble to get to the gear box and hop. I liked less the TR21, SA80 and although I like the look of the F2000. I also found non DMR M14s to be rather nice too.

Right now I'm very happy with my twin P90 loadout and I'll wear them out and just cram in new gear boxes when they break.

Problem is you waste money on what could be spent on one really great gun.

The problem is finding that great gun. As I've seen somebody drop £350+ on a HK416 and get tired of it. So he spends £350+ on an AK but doesn't like it.

Comment

I agree with KenIchikawa, If your not into m4 range. You need to find your style first on the cheaper guns. My friend made the mistake of getting an expensive AK. Even though it was amazing at shooting. He started to hate the AK look. Which is is important if your spending that much money. Find your desired Style and look first. Then find the best of that style. For me i Love 416's so it was a no brainer for the TM recoil. Up to you
                Tokyo Marui - Recoil 416

Tokyo Marui - L96 AWS

Comment

Ok so ive had a little look around, and 2 have drawn my attention, both on totally opposite ends of the scale. Whats your opinions though?

Im looking at going cheap with a £200 ICS M4A1 Carbine. Take it on the chin and settle for the fact that its my first AEG. Il have a little cash left over to possible set myself up with spare mags/batterys/upgrades. Take it apart and learn about it. Down side is the plastic but hoping its not that bad.

Or splash out on a next gen TM M4 for like £425 and a battery for £50 odd. No that il keep hold of it for as long as i can. Wont upgrade for a while, wont open myself for a while. But guessing it be good quality.

Comment

If you're going to get a cheap Budget gun, especially one that is plastic, just go with the G&G Combat machine range. Lots to choose from all very reliable and decent in the £130-180 mark. I would only say don't get the TM recoil as your first gun ONLY because it will spoil you. Sounds stupid but if you get the G&G, play with it, take it apart, break it from the use. When you then move onto the TM recoil. You will Genuinely appreciate how brilliant it is. AND you can make all the mistakes (which will happen) on a cheap gun instead of a £450 gun. I think i Like mine so much BECAUSE of the long road i took to get there. If it was my first, i wouldn't have anything to compare it too. That's my 2 cents
                    Tokyo Marui - Recoil 416

Tokyo Marui - L96 AWS

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post
                      If you're going to get a cheap Budget gun, especially one that is plastic, just go with the G&G Combat machine range. Lots to choose from all very reliable and decent in the £130-180 mark. I would only say don't get the TM recoil as your first gun ONLY because it will spoil you. Sounds stupid but if you get the G&G, play with it, take it apart, break it from the use. When you then move onto the TM recoil. You will Genuinely appreciate how brilliant it is. AND you can make all the mistakes (which will happen) on a cheap gun instead of a £450 gun. I think i Like mine so much BECAUSE of the long road i took to get there. If it was my first, i wouldn't have anything to compare it too. That's my 2 cents

Will the G&G Combat Machine Range be skirmishable.... I always think of the under £200 AEG's as them cheap ones you get from toy shops where the bb's fall out of your barrell right in front of your feet haha.

Its so hard to decide What to buy for first. I dont want to be dissapointed lol.

Comment

G&G Combat Machines are eminently skirmishable. Between us, my lads and I have seven guns that are either stock Combat Machines or somewhat modified versions; all of them perform excellently.

Do you really think that they would sell so well, if they were rubbish?

Comment

You won't regret going with the TM recoil, but maybe consider the SCAR L instead of M4....
                          Still got the performance, but you've got the option to use non-recoil mags (using an adapter for about £5) AND you can use standard LiPo batteries.
                          You can do the same with the M4 range, but need a bit of modding.
                          I've owned plenty of guns and the recoils are easily the best all-rounders and most fun
                          h e y d r i c h
                          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

This is true for most manufacturers, you are correct. G&G combat machines are the exception. They will be the same if not out perform that ICS for MUCH cheaper. I've never been a fan of the middle range of guns that airsoft offers. All not much different from the budget guns in terms if performance. For like £150 more... you either save your money and get a combat machine. Or go balls deep and get a TM.
                            Middle priced stuff is for people wanting a specific look, like a tar 21 or something or some extra metal on their gun. They will pay the extra money but it will still fundementally shoot the same if not worse than the g&g combat machine.
                            Tokyo Marui - Recoil 416

Tokyo Marui - L96 AWS

Comment

I think im gunna go the G&G as i really would like to learn the internals aswell as skirmish. Seems silly to mess up a £400 AEG by having zero knowledge. Only problem is I have know where to buy for a week as zero one is closed down haha.

On zero one website is it the £140 G&G Machine that appear when u click most popular in the G&G Section?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MikeMarsha11 Find out more about MikeMarsha11
                              Working...
                              X