Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Sniper Rifle - Advice Needed.

Hello people,

So I'm about to get my first sniper rifle and need some advice, after a little research a lot of people seem to go for Tokyo Mauri. I would ideally prefer a semi auto if there are any decent ones out there.

Please post any advice below, even little tips help

Thank you.

Re: First Sniper Rifle - Advice Needed.

I'm no expert in sniper rifles, but in terms of compatible parts and easy upgrades etc.. TM and Well and JG seem to be popular spring action rifles, L96 versions and BAR10. But i'm sure there will be loads more advice, also do a search on the forums there's loads of info on here. from what I know (as I have a Well L96 MB01 and MB4403) you will always inevitably have to spend serious money on doing upgrades and out the box they are sub standard to what most people expect from snipers etc.. even though my out the box MB01 is dead accurate it still needs upgrading for a bit more range etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Mc View Post
      I'm no expert in sniper rifles, but in terms of compatible parts and easy upgrades etc.. TM and Well and JG seem to be popular spring action rifles, L96 versions and BAR10. But i'm sure there will be loads more advice, also do a search on the forums there's loads of info on here. from what I know (as I have a Well L96 MB01 and MB4403) you will always inevitably have to spend serious money on doing upgrades and out the box they are sub standard to what most people expect from snipers etc.. even though my out the box MB01 is dead accurate it still needs upgrading for a bit more range etc..
      Thank you for the reply, I was looking at a well rifle but someone told me they were not accurate, but like you said maybe he had never done any upgrades. I've set £1000 aside for the rifle plus upgrades, will that be enough for something decent? ive seen some sell for £700 without upgrades.

Comment

You would be well within budget for a very good sniper with £1000 laylax or pdi upgrades are very good, in my opinion tm are the best make of airsoft gun by far if u have 1000 definatly get a tm and build from there and u wont go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Grantcollins View Post
          You would be well within budget for a very good sniper with £1000 laylax or pdi upgrades are very good, in my opinion tm are the best make of airsoft gun by far if u have 1000 definatly get a tm and build from there and u wont go wrong.
          Yeah I think I'll go with the vsr-10 pro and buy some upgrades, what do you think of this pack?

http://novritsch.com/shop/vsr-10-tuning-kit/#container

Comment

With £1000 you can get whatever you like, I'd get a VFC SSR and spec it up.
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Not sure about that tining kit but that guy is quite well known in youtube

Comment

Here's my personal suggestions. I've not owned many sniper rifles over the years I'll admit, but I've been around my fair share of players who have them. I personally have owned 3 sniper rifles so far: a TM PSG-1 (which I still have), a TM L96 and a Tanaka Police M700 (takedown version).

If you want a semi-automatic rifle, then due to site restrictions, you'll be limited at 400 FPS. This might take a bit of your range off compared to a 500 FPS bolt action, but with the right bits you can still reach out and touch someone from quite a distance.
                My personal recommendations: TM PSG-1, TM SCAR-H or TM HK417

But if you want the full 500 FPS, then bolt action is the only way. Spring bolt actions are my personal favourites, but some people also opt for gas power. I always thought gas rifles just had more to go wrong with them, especially during winter.
                My personal recommendations: TM VSR-10 G-Spec or TM L96.

Why am I only choosing TM? Simple, TM have never, ever let me down in terms of gun quality. There's a reason other brands clone their guns from TM designs TM replacement parts are usually readily available, and most after-market parts are designed to be compatible with them. Plus, the performance out of the box has always been brilliant.

Now let's talk upgrades. With £1000, you're going to be able to buy pretty much whatever you want, but again here are my personal recommendations for upgrades and accessories.

If you buy an AEG DMR...
                *A spring to bring it as close to 400 FPS as possible
                *High torque gears
                *High torque motor (if one is available)
                *Metal piston & a better cylinder head to go with it
                *A spring guide with bearings
                *A 6.03 Prometheus inner barrel of correct length (the TM PSG-1 has the longest inner barrel I've seen)
                *Ideally, convert the wiring to Deans and get a 7.4v LiPo battery & a charger for it
                *A good MOSFET unit to improve trigger response and increase gun longevity (and ideally restrict it to semi-automatic, if it's capable of automatic fire. That way, no sites can argue about your 400 FPS gun's full auto function)

Ideally, I'd get someone to professionally install all of the above components so that they can do all the shimming and gear timings and all of that shiznickel.

If you buy a spring sniper rifle...
                *A spring to bring it as close to 500 FPS as possible
                *An upgraded cylinder set to deal with the increased strain from the 500 FPS spring
                *A 6.03 Prometheus inner barrel
                Again, get it professionally installed to prevent any kind of damage to your gun.

Some people may tell you that you need different hop-up rubbers & buckings. I personally have never needed to change hop rubbers or buckings in any of my TM guns as the quality of their hop units are outstanding anyway. My TM PSG-1 is 500 FPS and I was allowed to use it at my old site on the condition that I met the minimum engagement distance and didn't spam trigger pulls (this won't be the case at any other sites probably, I was a regular there for years). People used to be nervous when I brought it out because they knew the range that I could get with it. Had people standing out in the open dancing on two occasions, with my BB's landing just a few feet from them. Aimed a little bit higher, pinged two of them and then watched the rest get into cover lol.

Once you've decided on bolt action or electric and you've picked your upgrades, you'll want a decent scope, maybe a comfortable sling to carry it, a few magazines, a good bipod and some good BB's The cheapest and best option is an upgraded bolt action springer, in my personal opinion.

Comment

@Kodiak

Thank you for the detailed reply, aafter reading your post and more research I've gone with a TM VSR-10 PRO (Because I wanted the longer barrel and don't mind buying scope rail etc)

Ive also ordered upgrades and mags etc.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LLOYD-AF Find out more about LLOYD-AF
                  Working...
                  X