Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning A Gun....

Hi,

Would it be possible if someone could give me the knowledge of what to clean on a pistol and if not to complicated to describe also an AEG.
    Just a list of the parts that need greasing/Cleaning or any tips would be helpful. I'm new and I'm looking at my pistol and have a blank expression on my face as I have no clue as to what to clean/not to clean. I'm also going to get my first AEG soon so a heads up on that would help also.

I have tried searching and theres not really much or easy to figure out information on the subject.

Many thanks, Mike

Re: Cleaning A Gun....

Take a look at YouTube, each pistol is model & make specific, so use these as a search priority.

Try a search for airsoft AEG to help with these.

HTH
    Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

Re: Cleaning A Gun....

I dont actually own an airsoft pistol I dont find any use for them but I can still give you some basic tips, when greasing gas guns (specifically rubbers seals) only use silicone lubricant as things like lithium grease (which is used on AEG gears) may corrode the rubber seals over time, I use solid silicone lubricant because its easier to control the amount that goes on which leads me to the second thing. If you are putting on spray silicone lubricant (this is what you will find in most hardware shops) then don't spray a it down the barrel as the lube stops the BB from getting enough friction on the hop and so not as much back spin goes on the BB so you either get less range or you get inaccuracy. If you have to clean your barrel I find using a old shirt cut into strips and I put enough spray lube on so that the cloth piece is damp but not dripping then I run it up the barrel until it reaches the end (using an un - jamming rod which comes with 99% of new airsoft guns) and then pull it out slowly twirling it so that it contacts all of the barrel, if you are going to remove the barrel completely when cleaning it you can look through the hop up side down the barrel and then clean it, you will see a decent difference in shinyness (if you call it that) depending on how dirty your barrel was.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MikeMarsha11 Find out more about MikeMarsha11
      Working...
      X