Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 1911 BB Problem.

Hi,

I have a WE 1911 here which is stuggling to fire . Im using Zero One gas and Zero one 0.2 BB's.

Im not sure if im fireing a bb and it gets stuck then when i fire the second they both just drop onto the floor in front of me, OR the gun is fireing 2 at a time and falling out the barrell. Then it just doesnt fire at all.

So its a combination of not firing at all or having bb's roll out of the barrell on to the floor after the second shot.

Any ideas?

Mike

Re: WE 1911 BB Problem.

It sounds like the gun isn't fully cycling. Possible causes are mag/nozzle interface, piston o-ring, cracked nozzle-body and mag release-valve not releasing fully (weak hammer-spring/too high a gas pressure (green-gas on a warm/hot day).

Comment

Hmmm,

Just had a little play again. I noticed that a lot of gas puffs out sometimes when it malfunctions. More than usual. Possibly (and this is just me making crap up lol) I'm firing and the gas gets released wrong which is why the bb is just dropping out the front. So the gas is being released out of the mag but not doing what it is supposed to do after that. (Not that I no what happens after lol)

Comment

Strip the gun down and check the piston o-ring and the main body of the nozzle for cracks (they sometimes burst when green-gas goes through them in summer temps). And that mag/nozzle interface I mentioned, check the rubber on the top of the mag and see that the mag-release is solid (holding the mag in securely).

Comment

Ive taken it all apart and everything looks brand new still. I took my time to adjust my HOP correctly and THAT seems to of sorted the problem. Could anything need replacing with the hop system.

Ive put 5 mags through ok, I'm going to leave it till tomorrow and then put another 5 through. hopefully it has sorted it.

Comment

It must have been the hop applying too much pressure to the BBs. I have an AEG that can do that (POS that it is). Glad it was something so simple. Now go get a decent pistol. Lol.

Comment

PMSL

Any suggestion on a decent reliable pistol lmao.
              Because thats going to be my next thing. A Brand New Pistol from the shops haha.

Comment

Use the one you have until it breaks. After that it's a can of worms. If money's no object go for a Guarder self-build Glock 17.

Comment

Self build hmmm would love to one day but I'm too dumb for that at the moment lmao.

Comment

With as many videos there are on yt it's easy.
                    You already know how to work on a 1911 it seems so just use it and replace as you go.

I don't like most guarder parts especially that excuse for a g17 lower.

Comment

just hypothetically, if I was to build a self build guarder G17, would you advise to use the glock I have or totally build a new Glock (frame included) if money wasn't an issue.
                      would it make any difference? just hypothetically. i have a KSC Glock 17. Gaurder frames are Marui

*Edit* Remember I'm new so hold your laughs in haha *Edit*

Comment

Dang, Fix'd the 1911 and now the Glock has packed up

Are GBB's really this unreliable? Should I go electric lol or even a springer haha.

Comment

Have you tried the same thing on the glock ? Strip and re-assemble , never know mite work !
                          Don't bag on you WE 1911 just yet , I've got one I've had since they were first released think it was 2007 (matter of fact mine was in the very first batch to come into the country with ******* ********) and it's still working fine ! I've just striped/cleaned and re-lubed it regularly and never a problem yet !
                          Last edited by druid799; 4 September, 2016, 20:49.
                          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

There's nothing wrong with my Guarder frame. It has a reinforced front post and a handy cavity behind it to fill with epoxy, so meh. Lol.

GBBs aren't inherently unreliable, it comes down to the brand and quality of design & manufacture.

If money isn't an issue there's little point buying a donor gun (Marui Glock 17), you can build one from after-market parts alone. But if you want to learn along the way it's a good idea to buy a donor and upgrade it a bit at a time. Do lots of googling and be prepared to waste a bit of money on experimental parts (as I have done). It's fun so the money's not exactly wasted, more the cost of doing business with entertaining yourself.

Bear in mind what you intend for the gun. If it's warm-weather only you won't have to upgrade it much but if you want to run it on green-gas (winter) and it's not already full metal you'll need an upgrade-path in mind. A whole bunch of balancing acts (green-gas high pressure, needs a heavier hammer-spring, then needs heavier recoil-spring, which needs more gas (souped-up mag-valves) and so on). There's a new (revolutionary) BBU-housing for the Glock-17 that I should have next week that does away with the need for the heavier recoil-spring, so that should be interesting.

Comment

Some of the reliability of gbbp are down to manufacture but 89% of problems are user related.

Improper cleaning
                              Manual of arms
                              Gas guns are temp sensitive so most issues are wrong gas for the temp you wish to use them in.

Most tm plastic guns work just fine on gg these days.

Don't forget that gg and propane cans only hold so much liquid and some is vapor.
                              Gas guns do not work on vapor very well if at all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MikeMarsha11 Find out more about MikeMarsha11
                              Working...
                              X