Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 EBR vs SCAR

Hey guys,
    i think many will agree that this is a tough decision, or at least it is for me.

i am looking at getting either a scar or m14 as my next gun but as i don't know much about them i am looking for people who own them to say pros and cons etc, any thing to look out for on them, i hear from a friend that there is a problem with the trigger on all m14s, just small things like that which can help me choose.

and just so you know im not too fussed on price, i was looking at ares but i don't know if my funds will stretch quite that far.

EDIT* some references where i can get them from also would be nice

thanks guys
    Last edited by JapaneseWookie; 3 June, 2010, 19:47. Reason: missing information

Re: M14 EBR vs SCAR

I own a G&P/Marui/Systema M14 EBR.

The only con is the weight. Everything else is made of so much win it should rightfully be illegal on the grounds of indecency. And even the weight is a non-issue with a decent strap and arms larger than a sparrow.

Cant really speak for the Classic Army version, or the Kart. Never even fired one. All i do know is that my mates Classic Army one wouldnt fire when it came out of the box.

As for the SCAR, the Ares ones are nice. And the VFC ones are fantastic.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

If you are going for an M14 then IMHO it must be the Tokyo Marui. It is very well made it is quiet it has one of the best range to power ratio's of any gun out of the box and to top it all the bolt makes the best sound ever when you rack it.

There is no need to do anything to it other then give it something to shoot at. I have had 4 in total and every time I sell it I regret it immediately. The Socom is probably the best of the bunch as it is perfectly happy in CQB as the teams marksman's rifle. And can be kitted up to the max for big woodland games where scopes and suppressors are the way to go.

The Scar is a wonderful piece of kit. It can be dressed up like a special forces counter sniper or stripped down for room clearance and with the stock folded it can be slung over your back as an awesome sniper back up.

The VFC is Excellent and like the Ares pricey. The Classic Army is not a bad choice and I have seen them on this forum going for less than £200 from time to time. My VFC Scar-L Project is all but finished and is turning in to a very competent all round gun. It is at least four guns in one.

Best Buy. TM M14 Socom completely stock with optics to suit. :D

Comment

ok
        after much discussion with friends and fellow site members, i have decided on the ares scar h (honest there is no cod influence) but i am wondering, do m14 mags fit in it? because i cannot find any scar h mags for sale anywhere. Finally i am looking to get it in 5-8 weeks time

Comment

right this has thrown a spanner in the works, i had a go with a ares tar 21, absolutely amazing, even with the price tag i think i am getting one of them

Comment

really thats what its all about...

getting out there and having ago with some different guns... no one can really tell you what suits you, its best to handle a few till you find the right one for you.

Comment

Firstly mate, the M14 and SCAR are completely different guns. If you play more woodland or more of a marksmanship role then the M14 is your gun for the range it gives, however if you prefer CQB and building clearance then get the SCAR as its "more" compact and suits this type of environment much more than the M14 which is longer and will impede you attempting room clearance as its a bigger gun to move doorway to doorway with.

As for the TAR-21 - this is probably the best choice as it is a good all-round gun, the bullpup design means there is a longer barrel delivering a very respectable range and it is also compact enough for CQB environments. Personally i would advise that if you like the TAVOR this is your best choice.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JapaneseWookie Find out more about JapaneseWookie
              Working...
              X