TM Glock 17 + Propane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Glock 17 + Propane?

OK, so I want to swap to propane to reduce costs which is fine for my WE Hi-Capa and my HFC M190 but not too good for the TM Glock 17.

Now before you all jump the gun and tell me not to use propane in it because of the plastic slide etc I am aware its not good for it, I just want to know how long the Glock might last before it gives up and goes bang. I plan to upgrade the whole Glock with a Guarder Enhanced full kit but I don't see the point replacing parts that aren't broken, so until it goes kaput I plan on running it stock.

So my questions:

1. how long do you reckon the glock will last running on propane?
    2 other than damage to the slide what else will it damage? i presume the loading muzzle?

Thanks

Delta

Re: TM Glock 17 + Propane?

As long as it is not too hot, I shouldn't of thought that a TM pistol would have too much problem. Its only the cheaper ones that do.
    On a side note, if you could tell me where you got your propane adaptor from, then I would love you
    Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

any other opinions? I need to either order some green gas or some more propane for a skirmish on wednesday so need to order tomorrow to be safe.

Cheers

Comment

You'll find the front of the slide will break after tens of thousands of rounds. The pistol will still be perfectly usable after this, as there is a metal support there. You can leave the broken bit off, as it will still work fine, just look bad, or you can glue it back on with the adhesive of your choice.

You can get brand new replacement slide sets from HK for $5, no biggie if/when it breaks.

I'll see if I can get a picture up to show you where it breaks. After mine broke, I glued the plastic back on, ran it another couple of thousand rounds no problems.

In terms of power, generally green=propane so if you're already using green, don't worry about switching to propane, you'll be fine.

Comment

Surly a better way to save money is not buy the enhanced kit, rather than save maybe £2 over 1000 rounds?

Personally I've gone for the Ultra Gas. £10 bottle will last for ages, even with heavy use.

Comment

Well to be honest I want a metal slide on it as i'll be using propane with high flow valves etc. The enhanced kit whilst not being the cheapest way to get the metal slide, its a good slide and will give me the option of having 2 lower bodies, one I can keep black and the other I can spray tan making it easy to switch between the two depending which loadout I am running at the time. Seems like a sensible option to me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta Sup fool Find out more about Delta
            Working...
            X