Gum Shield for teeth protection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gum Shield for teeth protection.

Hey, I have been using a gum shield and shemagh rolled in a cowboy style for some time now. However I have only ever had the top teeth covered by a gum shield. Now I am pretty confident that it can stop a BB no problem, I play outdoors and so getting shot point blank is not common and usually then people take shots not in the face and will offer you a surrender (although my site has no rules on how close you can get). I was wondering if you guys know of any other gum shields? as I am using a store brought cheaper one at this time which makes it hard to talk and I dont feel it gives me as much protection as I could get. Preferably I would want one that was more low profile as I can fit one on top and one underneath.
    I know going to my dentist and getting some custom ones is an option but I hear that its like up to £40 for one which although I know if worth it for saving your teeth but for that price I would rather just buy a premium comfy mask.
    So do you guys have any clue as to any gum shields that are small and I could fit on both sets of teeth without breaking the bank??

Thanks,
    Rory

Re: Gum Shield for teeth protection.

Heh I played CQB with just a shemagh for a long time :D I guess I got lucky. Before that I played CQB in just safety glasses.

Anyway my dentist quoted me £55 for a custom fit. I declined because I saw somebody else use them and they were unable to communicate and ended up spitting it out to talk which kind of defeated the point.

However some tooth protection is well worth it. A player I sort of know got hit two front teeth shot out. It's £3000 per tooth replacement.

I used to wear a Revision upper and a steel mesh mask lower. It left gaps on my face which I would always get hit on even with improbable shots like through a window a tree then in a gap in a tent then through another window the edge of a door and into my face. It also meant I couldn't aim down sights well.

In the end I got a Dye i4 for anti fog properties and fairly soft lower allowing me to aim down sights a lot better.

There is also an alternative you may not have considered. You can buy small square mesh sections from a well known airsoft site in Yorkshire. They sell squares that you're supposed to sew into soft masks or shemaghs so your mouth is covered in a small bit of mesh thus allowing you to aim down sights effectively yet keeping the teeth safe.

Comment

I personally use boxing ones which are a bite down type with protection top and bottom. I use it because I smashed my own teeth out on my own gun!

You can pick em up for decathlon for like a 5er I think. I put a split ring around it so I can hook it onto my vest and put it around finger when I need to talk! Otherwise it's dribble (speech and literal)

Comment

There was a thread about this back in the dim distant and the consensus was that these were decent: http://www.sisuguard.com
        I've used one for a few years now and it's a huge step up from the basic bulky ones both in terms of comfort and speech. I sounds far less like I've had a stroke with this in. That said, I've yet to be shot in the mouth so I don't know how effective it is bit there was an infamous case of a guy taking a 500fps bb through(!) the lip and his teeth survived.
        "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
        George Carlin

Comment

Yeah i have seen those sisu ones I think i might grab a pair. Closest shot I think i took was to the lip and i came away with all my teeth. Annoyingly mesh sheilds are not an option as they never seem to fit right and I struggle to fit them with my ear pro. I wiĺl also take w look at thise mesh inserts. I have so many old mesh things i recon i could just make one.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Comment

Iirc Heroshark made a very small mesh guard that fits under your shemag
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roryrocker13 Got into airsoft young. Been playing for around 6 years (as of Jan 2016) first gun was a Well l96. Small tip: dont get a sniper as your first gun. It requires much more patients than you will have and you will find it very hard the first couple of times. Find out more about roryrocker13
            Working...
            X