Weather conditions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather conditions...

Okay so am new to this. An I really enjoy it!

Every time I have played the weather has been fair, maybe overcast. I as wondering what are the limitations of the weather and what effects does it have?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Re: Weather conditions...

You're the opposite of me I've only ever played in rain outside...probably why I play inside disproportionately more than outside.

Temperature affects gas gun FPS a fair bit.

Rain makes it miserable and slows down play as surfaces become slippery and you're more careful not to step in huge puddles of mud or impale yourself on a tree branch. Surfaces become soft and make impact grenades unreliable.

Rain also causes goggle fogging like no tomorrow as well.

When it REALLY chucks it down you can't hear anything because of the pitter patter of the rain drops.

Comment

you won't see as many people head to toe in multicam and massive plate carriers for starters

fogging is the main one for me. Even with anti-fog, my goggles will fog up 10x faster when its raining.
      Heavy rain + wind, especially in an open site can really throw off the accuracy on your shots, sometimes to the extent its not worth playing.
      A little drizzle just makes things a bit slipperier, messier, and a tad less enjoyable than a nice summers day!

Comment

We played Lydd mod site a while back it rained all day, so much that when we fired water spurted out the barrels, we ended up going to the pub at lunchtime and didn't return
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Rain is the worst , everything gets wet including mags etc and the hop so accuracy goes down. Snow however is very fun and makes for a hard but fun environment to play in

Comment

Ahhh.. Am booked to go this weekend. And from what the weather is saying, it's rain all day! Maybe I should wait =( got into it in the wrong season I guess. Snow on the other hand. That would be cool!

So low temp affects the fps? Anyone know why?

Comment

Gas is only effected by weather so you dont need to worry if you have an AEG.
              I would say I have only really had one time when it has rained BADLY in the last 4 years of playing. Yes masks fog up more and if you get your gun wet (badly wet) then I would recommend cleaning it. Apart from that I had a alright time when I played in the rain, it was summer though and so it was more of hot rain if that makes sense so I wasn't freezing to death. I play forest and we have some places that when wet it gets really bad and yes crawling through bushes you end up soaked (like the Vietnam rain scene in forest gump) I would say though only the more hardened players stick through bad weather and so it tends to make for a better game as all the unhonest players pee off home and if you have never experienced playing airsoft in the rain it can be somewhat fun as long as you take precautions to keep your gear safe and you bring some spare socks!
              I am booked in for the weekend too, bad weather is not something I would cancel a trip for (unless it was really bad) but I would say if you dont REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoy airsoft, you may find it a little bum in the rain.

Comment

Some of the best days airsofting I've had have been in the p**sing rain. Most memorable of which was at C3 in monmouthshire. Some places were boggy and the mud went past my calves, there was a small creek that I splashed through on all fours using the bank for cover. There was intermittent rain all day and I was utterly soaked through and covered head to toe in mud. It was absolutely glorious.

Once you're saturated, you can't get any wetter so you might as well have fun. I was using a WE M4 and didn't have any problems during the day.

Had to cover the seats of my van with bin bags for the ride home and the missus made me strip off my muddy gear before I was allowed in the house.

As for fogging, I tend not to have much issue with the eye protection I use.

Comment

Rain is shit to play in. Some people give that whole "don't be a pussy" thing but to be honest, fuck off. If i wanted to pay to get piss wet through and freezing cold I'd go to a water park in December. Rain itself is bearable unless its heavy, then it can affect how your gun performs dramatically. The worst thing about bad weather and rain, is it tends to be windy and that can make you miss everything.

Playing in snow however is the tits! Best days airsofting I've ever had was in the snow.

Comment

I agree with Mckillmore. The best days I've have playing have been in the pissing rain. I'm not one to slow down my play when things become 'grim'. Upon game-on, you'll notice the majority start skipping around puddles trying not to get water in their boots etc, but if you're gonna get wet, get wet.

I find with the attitude I have in the wet weather, it makes the games a little easier, as others do become cautious of slipping, getting their gun muddy, kit wet etc, I tend to take advantage of that attitude. I just end up like a wet dog afterwards.

Yeah, I've slipped a couple times on some mud or wet-gravel, but it's just something else to laugh at about the day, and thankfully I wear a pair of Magnums so I've never twisted my ankle as a result - just get up and carry on, caked in mud (last time I played, this included a mud-coated AK on it's first ever outing - no better way to get that used, 'AK' look).
                    sigpic
                    "I are God, lol."

Comment

I guess you could say that I was a little worried about the effects of the weather on the gun. AEG in particular. The likes of the battery and internals. But by the sounds of it, a good clean after a rainy day is all it needs?

Comment

I love playing in the rain, especially at woodland sites as it can really help give you an advantage on unsuspecting players. Hit taking can be effected a little and if you wear ear pro it can be hard to determine if your hit on your plate carrier

Comment

Instead of taking everyone else opinion, why don't you just try it for yourself? You may enjoy it in the rain, if you don't then don't do it again, skin is basically waterproof, enjoy it for what it is, we are at the end of the day running around with toys pretending to shoot other people, would you have the choice doing it for real? No, so just give it a lash, worst thing that happens is you get a bit cold and wet, things dry out, clothes wash
                          And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

And in reply to your question about cleaning your AEG if it gets wet, yes it would be a good idea but I never did for years and it was fine. If you are really that bothered google "airsoft myth busters underwater" they literally shoot an AEG underwater, and its fine so you should be all good on the gun side of things. Especially if you live inland you wont need to worry about rust its just more the mud and grit that is the issue.

Comment

Well you can run 12volt systems underwater fairly safely and tbh cars and motorbikes earth through the frame.

For an M4/AKM platform wouldn't worry. OTOH the fiddly as hell need to split the plastic shell old TM MP5 design... I'd hate to need to split that! (I've done it a couple times and find M16/4/AKM much easier to strip down.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Anythingoes Find out more about Anythingoes
                              Working...
                              X