Zip uo vests and protecting them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip uo vests and protecting them?

How do you protect the zips on your airsoft gear? I've been in for a year and had three zips hit which smashes plastic teeth on the moderately priced airsoft vests. Luckily I got these vest pretty much free as part of RIF purchase deals but I also ruined a couple of fleeces too as they too were shot in the front zip shattering the teeth.

So you simply wear a vest/plate carrier with no front zip? Or do you find some sort of way to protect your zips?

Heh I find BBs always home in on bare flesh and expensive to replace things like teeth (somebody else) red dot sights (I've broken 16 sacrificial protectors this year so far until I changed to a poly carbonate protector).

Re: Zip uo vests and protecting them?

Metal zips

Comment

Originally posted by McKillmore View Post
      Metal zips
      I went to a popular airsoft retailer in Huddersfield and all their zip up vests had plastic zips.

Comment

You're probably going to have to get used to your haberdashery getting broken on a regular basis. Thinking about it, over the years I've had plastic buckles, buttons, gear and attachments broken from being hit by BB's. You make do/mend/replace as you go.

Even real steel gear can get damaged as being hit by lots of BB's is not in the manufacturers remit.

Comment

Attach a velcro strip over the main zip that should cushion most hit's enough to stop breaks.

Comment

90% of my gear is pure Velcro, but the few bits that have zips tend to have a Velcro 'flap' to cover the zips, as above.

Get the sewing kit out, maybe?
            sigpic
            "I are God, lol."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KenIchikawa Find out more about KenIchikawa
            Working...
            X