Shell ejecting revolvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell ejecting revolvers

Looking at getting a shell ejecting revolver, but I am not sure what ones are decent.

I do like the smaller ones, like the plastic Marushin Police Revolver 2" Or the Marushin X Cartridge S&W M36

Maybe the metal G&G CO2 G731 Revolver

I don't know much about the ASG Dan Wesson but I think the newer ones have adjustable hopup?
    Can anyone recommend any of the ones listed or others you know about.

Thank you.

Re: Shell ejecting revolvers

As far as i know mate none of the dan wessons have an adjustable hop up, but your not really need one on those for shorter to mid range shooting, quality wise, 6mm or 4.5mm versions they are reasonable, i have done a few videos on the 4.5mm versions on my channel.. I personally think the colt Saa Peacemaker are better guns, better quality and more realistic, but with a rear grove sight, it can make quick target acquisition quite tricky for that reason, you might want to choose a dan wesson over it, as all the dan wessons the 357 version and the 715 version have adjustable sights.

dont know much about the Marushin X Cartridge S&W M36, so cant comment on that one mate.
    ATB, Marc..
    Some Guns In My Collection:
    Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
    My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

By shell ejecting I assume you mean that the BBs go in the shell and not in a feed tube?

Essentially they're all terrible with performance. They all operate on an out of one barrel and into another with a knock into a fixed hop unit. So performance and consistency aren't great. They're more for giggles, or wall hangers in my opinion. TM and Tanaka make the most skirmishable revolvers and mostly because they aren't run off shells

Comment

The C02 dan Wessons are usually very hot and for Russian Poker games (thats Russian Roulette but you point the gun at the other person).

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
          TM and Tanaka make the most skirmishable revolvers and mostly because they aren't run off shells
          Totally agree with the above. Dan Wesson are not up to being skirmished. The sear is made from a very soft metal that wears out extremely quickly & you can't get spares.
          Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

I have the Marushin X Cartridge S&W M36 and while it's a superb pistol I wouldn't think of using it as anything other than a last-ditch pocket-pistol (and haven't used it for even that so far). The only use it has had is for Russian Roulette.

Comment

Thank all for your comments.

I have seen them power down shells for the Dan Wesson but if the metal crap then I will leave that alone.
              I take it the G&G 731 metal not going to be too great as well?
              http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8449

I had another look at the tanaka and I really like the look of the body guard versions or the M36 Chief Special.
              The loading system seems good and save money on shells.

But the main reason I was looking at revolvers was for the shell ones for a bit of fun.
              Now I am Sort of stuck between the Marushin m36 or a tanaka version, but tanaka build quality is winning lol.

Cheers.

Comment

It looks like the G&G is also made by ASG as are the Dan Wesson's. Nice to look at & play with, gently, but not skirmishing.

Stick with Tanaka, you won't be disappointed. I may be wrong but I think Marushin use 8mm BBs. Not common & more expensive.
                Da Posh Boi, innit

Comment

I will stay away from the G&G one then :D

You can get Marushin in 6mm as well.
                  But I am really leaning toward a Tanaka m49 bodyguard version or the m60 S&W Lady Smith

Comment

The new Dan Wesson 715 is a superb Revolver, I own the .6mm version, (it has adjustable hop) and the .177 lead pellet version. Put hundreds of pellets through both. The fit and finish on them is excellent, considering you can get the .6mm version for £109 it's far better then the earlier version. As for the sear being a soft metal, I doubt it very much. Far more realistic than any plastic Revolver. Fantastic skirmish sidearm.

Comment

I would second what novioman said about the Dan Wesoon 715 model, it is a far better revolver than older models from dan wesson. Over the years I've had many of the dan wesson revolvers, in all guises, but the newer 715 models beats them all, both in slightly better performance but to the adjustable hop up, the ergonomic grip, and the look of the revolver, I had the chrome version, and it looks the business.
                      As for being a skirmishable weapon, I wouldn't not recommend them, firstly even with hop up on the 715, the performance, whilst better than the older models, is not in my opinion suited to battle. Firstly, it's six shots, and even with speed loaders at the ready, loading is slow, compared to the high capacity and reloading of automatic pistols, and secondly is the accuracy, which isn't the best, even on the 715 model. It's a personnel thing, you either like wheel guns or not, and would I buy another one, certainly,.

Comment

Thanks I will take a look at the Dan Wesson 715 before making my mind up.
                        But I do think the tanaka one will be on the cards.

Thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GothicGhost Find out more about GothicGhost
                        Working...
                        X