X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We 1911 barrel problem

Hi.
    So i got this airsoft gbb from zeroone
    We 1911 GBB. I have only noticed now. That when you pull back the slide. The external barrel goes with slide back and the internal barrel goes upfront. The internal barrel does not go externally out or farther than the external barrel which is fine.

But im thinking if I put a silencer, will it stop the slide from pulling back as the internal barell will bump against the silencer threaded tip?

Is this normal? If not how do I fix it!!?

Ive also tried holding firmly the external barrel from the shell ejection port (to prevent the outer barrel from going in with the slide) and try to push back the slide but the slide wont move while holding it firmly.

I have a short video to show what im mean Here is the link:
    https://youtu.be/-m4JBVMOAYw

Let me know if the link does not work.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

We 1911 barrel problem

It shouldn't effect the silencer mate, the hole of the silencer should be big enough to fit a longer barrel hidden within it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: We 1911 barrel problem

So is this normal?
      Thanks

Comment

That would be a decent upgrade. Get a longer tightbore inner barrel, and a silencer and run the barrel through the silencer. Should increase FPS and accuracy. Only problem is you will not be able to remove the silencer as the inner barrel will stick out by a couple of centimetres

Comment

Just not sure if the inner barrel will bump against the silencer's tip. (The threaded part that will go in the outer barrel)

Comment

Im not bothered about putting a silence but this seems odd thats why im getting paranoid if my airsoft is defective or something

Comment

Hmmm it doesn't seem right, have you taken the slide off and had a look of the inner barrel is fitted into the hop unit securely?

Comment

Yes it is fitted securely.. as you can see in the video the outer just literally moves backward a bit leaving the inner few centimetres up front.

Comment

Hi the same happens on my WE Sig P228. Its extremely slight but noticeable now you've pointed it out. I can only assume it's where the outer barrel moves slightly in a up and down motion when the slide is pulled back. If your not happy take it into ZeroOne. They should be more than willing to have a quick look/put your mind at rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes thats what I thought as well. It moves down then the slide move back and up again when goes back to normal position.

Might be just the way it is and nothing to worry about, hmm I dont know. And taking it to zeroone wont be possible as im far away.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't be worried with it matey. Give them a ring if your far away, they may be able to take a look at this thread and advise if their is something to be looked at.

Comment

Thanks mate!

Comment

Just checked my TM Glock as well. Does exactly the same as your video but it's more pronounced. Happy days!

Comment

HI mate, that are floating barrel designs what your seeing is normal.. With The WE versions the inner barrel does move about 1mm or 2mm more then the TM versions but what your seeing is totally normal.
                            If you want I can do you a video tomorrow of other airsoft and even airguns doing the same thing..
                            ATB Marc
                            Some Guns In My Collection:
                            Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                            My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Hi Scapula, heres a video for you mate, showing that what your seeing is totally normal, i hope the video helps you..

ATB, Marc..
                              Some Guns In My Collection:
                              Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
                              My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scapula Find out more about scapula
                              Working...
                              X