Glasses - What ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses - What ones?

Hi guys. I'm looking to get some glasses to skirmish with instead of using goggles (which steam up or restrict movement/vision) or a full face mask. I already have a mesh half mask I brought from Heroshark I use and now just need the right glasses to use.

I've looked at some of the ones that Z1 do (their selivery is excellent so I know if I order tonight/tomorrow I can get them before the weekend when I skirmish next. Can anyone give me a few ideas on what I should go for (please bare in mind I don't want to spend an insane amount on glasses - I just need something that will protect my eyes and feel good to wear. Thus far I've picked out the following:

Bollé Protection Glasses Tracker with Black Frame and Smoke Lens (£9.95)
    Bollé Protection Glasses Silium with Silver Frame and Clear Lens (£9.95)
    Bollé Protection Glasses Contour with Brushed Metal Frame and Clear Lens (£14.95)

Does anyone have any experience with using any of these who can give me their views on them? Or perhaps even suggest or recommend some other ones (where I can get them before Sunday).

Thanks guys.
    Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Re: Glasses - What ones?

Any DIY shop you go to will have a selection to choose from and might be even less than you want to spend...

Oh i use Dewalt ones. Great fit and good protection
    sigpic
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

I dont mind spending up to about £20 or so on some (so far I am leaning towards the Bollé Protection Glasses Contour with Brushed Metal Frame and Clear Lens for 14.95). I think they should do pretty well hopefully. :D

Originally posted by knarf3 View Post
      Any DIY shop you go to will have a selection to choose from and might be even less than you want to spend...

Comment

Thought about going to mesh?

No steaming :D

Comment

your eyes are worth £20 whole pounds eh - is that each or combined?

ESS ICE are really good, but waaaay over your budget, as are the ESS advancer. I also had a pair of guarder C4s that were also very good.
          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

i bought the viper tatical glasses.
            you only have one pair i would like to keep them

Comment

Originally posted by malyon View Post
              And Viper was your solution lol

Comment

Lot's of sites have banned viper eyewear. Specially now retailers are saying they aren't suited for airsoft use

Comment

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post

ESS ICE are really good, but waaaay over your budget, as are the ESS advancer. I also had a pair of guarder C4s that were also very good.

Good eye protection doesnt have to involve selling a kidney on the black market y'know...

I use a pair of bolle bandido's, they cost me £6.99 from my local surplus store, theyre fantastic, never let me down, quick wipe of anti-fog before each game and theyve served me well! Ive had them for about a year now, though I think its time to replace them, theyve got a few big scratches and starting to steam up too much even with anti fog.

Saying that though, I would like a pair of ESS advancers, however theyre so ridiculously expensive I havent a hope in hell of getting a pair anytime soon!

Comment

I actually considered the ESS ICE first but their out of stock. It's why I'm now just after something cheap to use temporarily until I get something a lot better to use. I don't mind spending when it comes to protecting my eyes. I already spent £65 for my half face mask cause I need to protect my pretty face. lol.

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post

Comment

Whatever you use, be sure they are EN166B certified, lens and frame.

F certification is NOT advisable for airsoft, and most if not all protection glasses you can find in a DIY store are F type.

I own a pair of Bollé X-90, and the Bollé Pilot look good too. I bought mines here.

Comment

Originally posted by malyon View Post

--------- =

Comment

The Bolles steam up badly mate, misses had terrible trouble at GZW this weekend. Would my self recommend either ESS ICE or Hero Sharks mesh. I know both are over your budget but seriously your eyesight is worth it, miss a few skirmishes or something and you can pay for eye-wear that will pretty much protect you for as long as you are playing Airsoft.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I had a look into Herosharks' stuff but last I had spoken to him he wasn't able to make any mesh goggles (something about the supply of mesh).

I've had a look at the ESS Crossbow 3LS which look awesome and are supposed to be really good. I don't mind having to fork out the money for some as long as I'm able to get them in time for Sunday. Only reason I was going for the cheap ones was cause I would only need them for the weekend.

If the Bolles steam up though then that's them out straight away. Whatever I get i want something that won't steam up.

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
                            The Bolles steam up badly mate, misses had terrible trouble at GZW this weekend. Would my self recommend either ESS ICE or Hero Sharks mesh. I know both are over your budget but seriously your eyesight is worth it, miss a few skirmishes or something and you can pay for eye-wear that will pretty much protect you for as long as you are playing Airsoft.

Comment

Sorry just to clarify it was the "Bollé Protection Glasses Tracker" that she was using and they were appalling for the steaming up I don't have any experience on the other 2 Bollé glasses

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ammo Find out more about Ammo
                              Working...
                              X