X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for advice on first gun

Hi all
    New to forum, need some advice please.
    Looking to purchase airsoft MP5 or similar but have got a small budget . ( £50.00 ish). All web sites seem to be out of stock, but someone on airgunbbs told me that this is the place to ask. please help.
    thanks
    dan

Re: looking for advice on first gun

Easy answer is save up. Get your budget to at least £100 and start looking again. For £50 you'd get something so bad you'd find skirmishing it completely impossible.

Also the better place to post this thread would probably have been the "new players/advice thread"
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

hi fella

before everyone else jumps in with questions about your age & eligibility to buy, the bottom line is for £50 you won't be able to get anything.

as Roxy says, you need to be nearer £100, altho, if you look thru the sales you might be able to find something for £70+ that'll be good as a first gun.

h e y d r i c h
      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

£50 will buy you nothing but trouble. Save up and buy a decent gun. There are no rules to say that you have to have a cheap crap gun as your first weapon. Use the time while saving to get some regular skirmishing behind you and become a member of your local site (I know it means renting but it will be better in the long run). The more you play and the better you get to know people and have a play with their guns, then you will be able to make a more informed choice (and maybe also pick up a bargain if someone wants to up-grade their weapon).
        JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

agreed on the saving up, and buying second hand will be the best way to go, theres plenty of bargains to be had if you scroll the forums. I bought my first gun new for £160 and largely regret doing so. Especially when i think of the quality of gun you can buy second hand for that.

Comment

Save and see if you can pick up a JG MP5. Should cost ~£100 or less used but they're great for the price. SRC do one around £170 and from what I've heard they make some pretty beastly guns

Comment

yeah save up about £120-£180 and with that you have a lot of open options for reliable airsoft guns

Comment

I'm a fan of pistols so such prices don't bother me. However, if you're looking for an AEG, then the more money you put in is what you get out really.

Comment

It really depends on your preference.

Chances are, you have a gun you like the look of in mind, and when you think "Gun" you see this image of an AK, or L85 etc...etc..
                  So, i'd say- chase up this thought. Think about how you can cope with weights of guns- an M249 (not recommended as first gun) is obviously heavier than a Beta Spetznaz AK.

If you're a burly lad, any gun is great for you really- but if you're more like me, something like an L85 might be a lot to lug around all day...

If you have mates in the sport, have a go with their guns! See which you like! And if not, go to a skirmish site and rent a gun!

This is especially good if you're Under 18- renting guns gives you experience and helps if you actually like the sport!

Personally, I got a DE M56 Triple shot shotgun. and it is around £50 with postage and maybe a few shells+ bag of BBs.
                  But this isn't brilliant alone against everyone in skirmishes, so If you want an AEG that is more than market stall quality, save up for a bit untill you have £100-£200.
                  Explore the chinese market for first guns (JLS, JG, ACM, ICS etc.) unless you're ready to pay almost double sometimes for a well known brand. (TM, VFC, Ares etc.)

Also, check these forums, as said before. There are some absolutely great deals on here- people selling guns+accessories at a fraction of the cost new!

my tuppence. :D
                  sigpic

Comment

you may be batter saving for a bit and get an ics mp5 there not to expensive but you can get an 2nd hand jg mp5 for like £90 but id say for a first gun go with an m4/m16 loads of choice and loads of parts more then the mp :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

diddy_dan Find out more about diddy_dan
                    Working...
                    X