• Show
Clear All

• UKARA?????

Hi
    I Am New To Airsoft But I Am Geting Confused About Ukara
    Can Someone Explain

Thanks,jack

Re: UKARA?????

Actually the VCRA was set up to stop violent crimes, UKARA was formed by a group of Retailers as a Airsoft pacific defence the VCRA, and as it has been discussed many times on this board UKARA is a easy way to prove that you are a legimate Airsoft Skirmisher, as you are entered onto a central database, but some shops and Customs (if your importing )will accept site membership as proof.

He was right about the IF's though along as your over 18 and the comply to the 50% bright colour clause.

Comment

In order to purchase a RIF from a shop that belongs to the UKARA you must provide a "defence" that covers you for the purchase of said RIF under the terms of the VCRA. One such defence is that you are a registered skirmisher, and one way to prove this is to become a member of a skirmish site that holds valid insurance and participates in the UKARA scheme - you may then apply to be put onto the UKARA database (your entry should be supported by the skirmish site that you are a member of). Each time you purchase a RIF you will need to supply your UKARA number as proof that you are entitled to purchase said RIF.

As stated earlier some retailers will accept site membership details as sufficient proof, others may not.

There are other defences, such as being in the film industry or a member or a reenactment club, but the UKARA is probably the most practical (and controversial) for airsofters.

The VCRA or Violent Crime Reduction Act is a Govt Act designed to combat violent crime by amongst other things reducing access to RIFs (realistic imitation firearms). For some strange reason they think that most criminals will rather use RIFs than actual firearms to commit crimes.
      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

if you bought a real rifle from say America would the customs think it's an airsoft rifle?

Comment

No it would probably be labelled as a firearm or probably not even be shipped to be honest. There MUST be something that has to be done to it so that is made known as a firearm. That would never work I don't think
          TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
          Tokyo Marui P90
          HFC M9 Special Forces
          KSC Glock 18c

Comment

k, lol

Comment

Customs are more likely to think hmm gun shaped object- its a gun, rahter than gun shaped object- its a replica imitation firearm :P
              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

In ireland they have to dismantle, then re assemble every RIF that enters the country, just to make sure it ain't real. And some guns dont get to their owners in one piece.

Customs have actually openly admitted that RIF's are not a priority, so importing a RIF could be easier than obtaining one in UK. Quite a few people without UKARa have gotten away with importing them... Not worth the risk i think.

Comment

yeah basicaly to many people got confused if they were a real gun or not so thats why the bought the ukara out, also the reason why its 3 times in NOT less 2 months is because some one like bin laaden could go airsofting 3 times really quickly and get the gun and then use it in public places which would scare people :P

War Is Just Another Way For Americans To Learn Geography

Comment

Do these rules apply to buying second hand RIFs such as off this forum???
                    Wanted:
                    A decent chronograph

Comment

Grantos:

Yes, the rules do apply to buying RIFs in these forums, or any forums in the uk in general, as they are still RIFs rather than IFs. I believe that's correct, but someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

Well if that's correct, looks like I'll have to wait another month then.... sob!
                        Wanted:
                        A decent chronograph

Comment

If someone can vouch for you though and you have proof of skirmish, I dont think you have to be joined up to the UKARA.

UKARA is by no means a perfect system, as some retailers have already shown they're ignoring it. Its also important to remember its not the law,so if you can prove youre a skirmisher you'll be ok.

Comment

Indeed, as has been said UKARA is not neccacesry, it is simply a fairly easy way of proving defense.

And yes, sales here are subject to the same rules.

Comment

Well strictly speaking, it's up to the seller to investigate in whether or not the buyer is part of the UKARA so you could end up buying an airsoft gun and not be part of the UKARA, which i do not recommend though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sas-jack Find out more about sas-jack
                              Working...
                              X