TM P226r metal body conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM P226r metal body conversion

When using the e2 make sure the mags are in as they can fall out as ita happened to be a few times and where will i find this gaurder kit from and how much does it increase performance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

The guarder kit reduces performance! All it does is replace the plastic parts with metal ones.

Comment

How do guarder kits reduce the performance of the TM?

Can we use red/black gas with guarder installed?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Personally I found no loss in performance but I do use Black gas. Its a high pressure gas so I replaced the nozzle with a Guarder reinforced one. 150% recoil spring and standard hammer spring. Also fitted a Guarder blowback housing. There is an oblong shaped tab on either side which you file off making it flat, then it drops straight in. That is a picture of my gun with real steel rosewood grips fitted. It shoots 340 FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo View Post
            Personally I found no loss in performance but I do use Black gas. Its a high pressure gas so I replaced the nozzle with a Guarder reinforced one. 150% recoil spring and standard hammer spring. Also fitted a Guarder blowback housing. There is an oblong shaped tab on either side which you file off making it flat, then it drops straight in. That is a picture of my gun with real steel rosewood grips fitted. It shoots 340 FPS.
            Hi Magoo,
            Is your TM P226 the old version or the new E2 version?

Does you gun shoot the mag with full rounds and still locks back when empty?

Will it be possible to to give me an insight of what other parts of the guardkit I need to file? A little guide maybe. So i will know what to expect and ready my self when I buy one.

Comment

Is there a youtube video on this as it would be great if there was

Comment

Originally posted by scapula View Post
                How do guarder kits reduce the performance of the TM?

Can we use red/black gas with guarder installed?

Metal slide is heavier so more energy is needed to move it. More energy = more gas needed. The cycle speed and gas efficiency of your gun will decrease SIGNIFICANTLY with a metal kit fitted. The reason people rave about the performance of TM GBB pistols is because they're really really efficient, that's because the slides are light!

Comment

.. I can only speak from personal experience so forgive me for dispensing with the Physics lesson! An Aluminium pistol running on Black gas ( I use Guarder) performs just as crisply and snappy as a plastic gun! I really cant say how long your mag will last! 2-3 reloads perhaps? Personally, I regas after 20 rounds and don't reload in the field cos I want full power on every shot!
                  I have many metal kits by all the main manufacturers, and whilst Guarder are at the budget end of the market, their P226 kit is a worthwhile purchase!

Comment

.... oh! There is an installation guide on Youtube....

Comment

Cheers magoo

Comment

Originally posted by magoo View Post
                        .. I can only speak from personal experience so forgive me for dispensing with the Physics lesson! An Aluminium pistol running on Black gas ( I use Guarder) performs just as crisply and snappy as a plastic gun! I really cant say how long your mag will last! 2-3 reloads perhaps? Personally, I regas after 20 rounds and don't reload in the field cos I want full power on every shot!
                        I have many metal kits by all the main manufacturers, and whilst Guarder are at the budget end of the market, their P226 kit is a worthwhile purchase!
                        Hi magoo. Thanks.

So using black gas whats the fps you get? My site only allows 350fps for pistols and aegs.

So I will buy TM P226 E2 and get the guarder metal kit as its easier to find than the old version of p226.

Do you think its possible to buy a grip similar to the old p226 as ive got big hands and replace the e2?

Comment

I couldnt find a guide on youtube. Maybe im using wrong keywords. But if you have a link the guide can please post it here? Thanks

Comment

Search for: Tokyo marui sig p226 assembly and dissasembly.
                            Its post by Roguesystems

Comment

I think i might wait i think i might the roni kit for my sig instead

Comment

.. and Tokyo model company do real steel grips!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scapula Find out more about scapula
                                Working...
                                X