X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Sniper, target practice

maybe i just missed the point or my brain hasn't clicked

Originally posted by lil rambo View Post
    just pop down to your local rifle range i went and joined and set mine up there.
    andrew
    i feel real dumb asking this: you set up an airsoft weapon on a REAL rifle range?

BLOOD DRAGON Mk.IV STYLE / RELEASE THE DREMEL

Comment

A range is a range. All you need is some targets and distance.

Just a tip. But if you get the room, put the rifle into a workbench, that way you can fire once. Then align the sight to where the BB hit, as you know the gun is in the same place. Few more shots to check it is right, job is a gudden.

Comment

lol a comment near the top "have you got a dog" lol

do go fetch..

:eek:

lol :P

War Is Just Another Way For Americans To Learn Geography

Comment

haha
          i believe that was me!
          it could work! i live in the country and there are plenty of lanes that are hardly used!
          if some bloke goes "oi, what ya doin!" you just say walking the dog with a large stick (in the shape of a rifle)!
          when he fucks of you continue to shoot untill you get fed up! or the dog get hungry!

Comment

Pfft, I hate dogs. One ran inside my house once on Bonfire night, I shouted at it until it ran back out the door.

I might test some of my AEG's or my PSG-1 on something stupid like a pigeon and see what happens. Wonder if it'd kill it or not..

Comment

Congrats on post 1000 BillyWu, lol. Don't shoot anything except targets and willing volunteers though please.

Comment

On Random note i cant wait until i start sniping so damn excited!.

For target practise anything that will cause a challenge to hit basically firing at something 10 feet away wont really make you a sniper pro lol

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
                  On Random note i cant wait until i start sniping so damn excited!.

For target practise anything that will cause a challenge to hit basically firing at something 10 feet away wont really make you a sniper pro lol
                  You will also need to remember a lot of sites have a minimum engagement distance for snipers. It's (I think) 20 feet at my local site, so you will need to...

a) Be hitting things the minimum distance and further.

b) Really get a concept of distance in your mind, so you know if someone you spot is an allowed target.

Comment

Obviously with airsoft theres no need to learn the mildot calculations for distance windage and elevation unless you want to be there all day.

Comment

Just to point out, country lane or no country lane, its still very illegal to shoot your guns on any land not owned privately by you or a mate, or by an airsofting site.

Comment

Some interesting replies and thoughts... especially the comment about a rifle shaped stick!

Distance is the problem, but going to GZ this sunday so can spend a bit of time at the range before the day to get some practice in hopefully.

Trader Rating

Comment

just as a side point, Stirling Airsoft run a a counter terrorism sniper training course I believe. Maybe something you would want to try in the future...?!
                          Who Dares Wins.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyWu View Post
                            Pfft, I hate dogs. One ran inside my house once on Bonfire night, I shouted at it until it ran back out the door.

I might test some of my AEG's or my PSG-1 on something stupid like a pigeon and see what happens. Wonder if it'd kill it or not..
                            The local pigeons and seagulls seemed to have learned that landing on my roof makes them legitimate practice targets. Even with my MP001 firing at about 370fps, they just get a big whack and fly off. I haven't tried a burst from the AEG yet as I'm too worried about missing and spraying people walking the other side of the house!

As far as borrowing a dog is concerned, don't let anyone think that you're using it to go dogging lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Generally not a good idea to take good idea to shoot a RIF anywhere that isnt private property or an airsoft site, more than one person has nearly been shot because of that, and thats the last thing you want!

My advice would be this, do it as best you can to rough estimates in your or a mates garden, so youve got a vague idea of where the bbs are going in relation to your scope, then in the morning of a game arrive early and do it then. And dont worry, you'll die alot the first time you snipe :P
                              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                                the morning of a game arrive early and do it then. And dont worry, you'll die alot the first time you snipe :P
                                Yep that's what I'm planning on doing tomorrow, day starts at 10 so heading down for about 8:30. And yep, prepared myself as best I can to die lots!

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions

Trader Rating

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JC5IVE Find out more about JC5IVE
                                Working...
                                X