Private Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Airsoft

Hi, I'm new to Airsoft and was introduced when some friends brought some Airsoft guns, someone had a spare one and invited me to run around the woods shooting at each other. I was wondering if private skirmishes were taboo in the ******* *****? Do you have to go to registered sites and pay to play or can we take our two tone weapons out into the woods for battle as long as we are far from public foot paths and buildings? Any information would be helpful, thanks.

Re: Private Airsoft

Might be a bad idea. Sod's law dictates that no matter how far you are from the paths, someone will run into it, get the wrong idea and you'll no doubt be staring down the barrel of the real thing soon after.

Good on you for making sure first, but I would say its a big "No no".
    sigpic

Comment

Unless it is PRIVATE LAND (ie it is owned by someone who has let you use it for that purpose) it is a big no-no.

Comment

Even though it's not strictly illegal, it's probably a good idea not to. There are so many potential problems that could arise, unless you have some land or a very big garden that is well out of the way, you probably are best to stick to organised games.

Comment

So unless I can get permission from the land owner the best bet is to pay to play... Cheers guys

Comment

Hey man, if I were you go around asking people with big houses or stables away from livestock ask to rent the land for a few hours :-)
            sigpic

Comment

Very dodgy ground. Running around with IFs in any public place is a bad idea. No matter how "out of the way" you think you are, there is always the risk that someone may see you without you knowing they're there. I'd also say that using private land can be problematic as well, as you'd still have to make sure that you're away from the public eye, and also with the right to roam laws you might struggle to find that. Largish gardens are also problematic as they can quite often be overlooked, and god help you if a ricochet was to hit a passer-by outside the boundaries.

Best bet is to go to an organised skirmish, where you can have the added benefits of site insurance, proper health and safety, and a diversity of players and positions that will give you a risk-free (relatively) environment that will challenge your playing
              WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

The other thing to remember is that airsoft sites are insured for your benefit and protection. If you decide to have a play on private land, you'll not have the same protection. In fact, there could even be an issue for the land owner being liable should an accident occur. My advice would be to go to legit and propery organised skirmishes.

Comment

Farmers give shotgun and airgun shooters permission to use their land all the time, a simple oral contract excluding the farmer from being liable and then jobs a gud en. People that want to enjoy airsoft should be able to do so, without paying the fee's, travelling etc... That's what bugs me about the law in the uk, its these people that don't want to go to skirmish sites that are being excluded from airsoft, not allowing them to purchase airsoft equipment.
                  sigpic

Comment

Like above, Asking people who own private land they will more than likely allow you to. As long as they can carry on doing they're thing and you're not disrupting the peace. But to be honest playing in private land can't compare in anyway to a site, You could just save yourself the hassle and pay and play.
                    Originally posted by murta369
                    in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

Comment

playing with a few mates in someone elses land is not going to be anywhere near as much fun as going to a site and nowhere near as safe either
                      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 18 August, 2010, 19:20.

Comment

we started off private airsofting on a golf course and driving range. Usually at night once the public left. The owner would get involved too, all on the up and up. But we tried it recently and its just not the same as a proper skirmish any more. Eventually youll move on. And pay to play as you call it is the only option.

Comment

you've just contributed nothing, if people want to shoot on private land with permission then thats up to them. ?
                          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 18 August, 2010, 19:20.
                          sigpic

Comment

Simple question and simple answer (may not look it!).

Perfectly LEGAL if:

-It's private land and you have permission from the owner.

-The play zone ENDS at least 15m away from any public area, be that a road or house (then again, in your own garden is usually fine as long as bullets do not stray out and hit your neighbour's cat).

-If playing in an area that may have contact with the unaware public, it is important to either: Cordon off the area with reason (permission from site owner) or to immediately inform the member of the public exactly what is happening and cease play until they are safe if they should wander thru.

-If you have your own land... great. I do, about 20acres of it. But you gotta use your common sense. You wouldn't drive a granny-mobile on the motorway *cough*, so why would you run around with IFs or RiFs near a public place?

You just have to be careful. You have to prevent people seeing you as a threat basically. So don't brandish guns near anyone who isn't playing, and only brandish them when it is totally safe to do so.

I mean, my neighbours are more annoyed at the occasional swear word from our games rather than the constant "daakaa daakaa" of guns.

Someone's bound to disagree... but I play private all the time on both my own land and a mate's own land.

GP.
                            sigpic

Comment

I for one am glad this has arisen again, it is good to make sure that the new players know things like this, to avoid any incidents in the future, that could jeopardise our sport and hobby.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SuperShutts Find out more about SuperShutts
                              Working...
                              X