Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG MK23 Socom

Hey guys,

I have seen one of these and am interested in getting one, i'm just wondering if anyone has used one or owns one and if they can give me there opinion of it please.

Thanks

-Kev
    Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets
    It's a well known fact that more Magpul on your M4 = bigger penis.

Re: ASG MK23 Socom

ive got the kj works one i think its the asg? its good, worth the money :D

Comment

The ASG is a cookie cutter copy of the TM mk23 which ive used and it owns.

The ASG will be of the same performance im guessing and it will take TM magazines IIRC.

Kev they are awesome NBB pistols, great range, great fun to use.

Comment

its the asg mags that are better though! none of that release valve shite!

it doesn't look nearly as nice as the tm version. the plastic silencer looks tacky. but fires the same so if your not fussed about looks go for it. stick with the asg/y&p/kjw mags (all rebrands of same pistol)
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

spot on, just i need something that will be alittle quieter for sniping, does it have good range, gas usage, and how quiet?

Comment

Originally posted by kbates View Post
            spot on, just i need something that will be alittle quieter for sniping, does it have good range, gas usage, and how quiet?
            great range, very very very good on gas and very quiet not as good as the tm tho

Comment

TM suppressor is the only suppressor in my humble opinion that truly suppresses like a hush puppy, it works brilliantly and is deadly quiet.

The ASG version however is a barrel extension, it has another inner barrel inside the suppressor so you will get A FPS increase and some suppression but no where near as good as TM.

The only reason why i say TM mags are better is because they are TM, reliable ive had no experience with the ASG mags, all i know is you can use green gas without having to do remove the pins in the TM's

Comment

it won't be as quiet as the tm version as the silencer is a barrel extension. if you want really quiet go with the tm. second hand they aren't too bad.

as renni says very good gas wise.

range...I've had problems with my hop to be honest. the hop design is silly. others seem to be alright though. mine was just worn out. shouldn't happen for a while if you buy new. (I can explain what goes wrong with it in detail if you really want)

edit - purcy is a ninja
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                  it won't be as quiet as the tm version as the silencer is a barrel extension. if you want really quiet go with the tm. second hand they aren't too bad.

as renni says very good gas wise.

range...I've had problems with my hop to be honest. the hop design is silly. others seem to be alright though. mine was just worn out. shouldn't happen for a while if you buy new. (I can explain what goes wrong with it in detail if you really want)

edit - purcy is a ninja
                  Call me Grey Fox :p lol

Kev to be honest if you have the money to spend go for TM it wont fail on you and you wont be displeased i can assure you.

Comment

The TM is perfect mate.
                    basically same range as an AEG. very silent.. dont bother with extender barrel lark. The suppressor works wonders. If its to accomplice your sniper you dont need stupid range and accuracy. Its for the Close quarter moments.

As for TM Mags just put about 5mm of silicon into the mag through the valve and leave it a couple of days.. both of mine burst running propane.. Been fine since i did that with them

dont really know much about the ASG but as its a TM copy all i would recommend ( and only if there is a noticable difference in range and accuracy ) is swap out the hop rubber for a TM One

Make sure you keep the hopup rubbers free from silicone also.. It well devestate the hopup if you get any on the rubber

The tm mags ( again no real experience with ASG ) you can refill with BB's at least 3 times normally about 4 before the gas starts to go
                    Very efficient and easy to fill!

Enjoy!

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

the asg is about £70 not sure on the TM price, i think about £115? so would you guys recon a TM one, with another mag, and slap green gas in the baby? should that be ok

Comment

tm mags will probably end up leaking as they aren't designed for green gas. I would go for the asg mags

Comment

argh mind boggling,

i want something which is quieter than the normal, glock,hi-capas,colts etc and something i cant really on shooting some idiotic fool who got too close

will a asg be a good option, cheaper, not as good look, and it is not as quiet but still very good i assume?

Comment

Green gas in the TM mk 23 mags are fine, ive done it, the only time you will have problems is if you dont look after them properly/drop them etc.

as long as you make sure the valves are lubricated and theres a tiny bit of gas in the mags when stored youll be fine, just the TM mags are an ass to fix if you do break em.

GO FOR TM!

Comment

i'm not looking for anything fancy? low cost, although a TM one wih asg mags? that will be a safer bet?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kbates Find out more about kbates
                              Working...
                              X