Cheap radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap radio

Hello, my friends and I were looking at getting radios. We play at Ambush wargames so something with enough range to cover most of that area. However we are looking at spending as little as possible

Re: Cheap radio

hi there try looking at some of the binatone ones me and my mate use them at the moment until we get some more professional ones but they do the job

Comment

One.

Answer.

Cobra Microtalk MT 975's. Can't recommend them enough. They'll last more than a day, have 12km range, use the same 1 pin 2.5mm motorola talkabout plug and only cost around £45 delivered brand new with the desk charger from Ebay -for a pair.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I have a pair of Binatone Terrain 550 Twin Radios
        they have up to 5 miles Range or 8 km. Cost £23
        They come with charger and battery pack.

sent you a pm m8

Comment

+1 to that Gaffa, me and my mates use them, Brilliant radios, excellent clarity and a really good price! Cant ask for more really...

Comment

Delta, I'm sure I recommended them to you at a previous time on an earlier thread.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Yep I think you might've done actually, thanks a lot, never would've chosen something different!

Comment

Sorry for threadjacking but are the Motorola t5 radioa anygodd?

Comment

Be careful - The high power (above 500mW ERP) PMR446 radios from Hong Kong are illegal to use in the UK. GMRS and FRS are also illegal at any power.

Comment

Just as a general question... what difference does a 'good' radio make against a 'poor' one? Other than the wiring being stuck together with blue tac? I understand and appreciate range etc. but as long as it takes a headset, a radio's a radio, no? Or are the cheap ones horrible and static-filled and break easily?

Cheers, Nikolay

Comment

Cobra microtalk's. They are some of the best value for money alternatives around, i managed to get a pair with batteries, charger etc for like 40 quid.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pointblank Find out more about Pointblank
                      Working...
                      X