Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving my AK's accuracy

Hey folks,
    Right well Ill tell it straight-the accuracy on my AKS74U is frankly abismal.

Now I thought it was originally to do with the shorter barrel but is there anything I can do to improve the accuracy? I was thinking something liek a tightbore but dont know if theres anything else I can do that would be effective

Any and all help appreciated

Thanks
    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Re: Improving my AK's accuracy

There are 4 main things you can do to make your gun more accurate
    1. Tightbore barrel
    2. Longer inner barrel and then cover the barrel sticking out with a silencer
    3. Good hop rubber - firefly, guarder, systema, ect
    4. High polished bb's - extreme precision, marui bb's ect - 0.23g/0.25g

There are some other ways, such as airsealed hop units, ect but those 4 things will give your ak more range, accuracy, consistency and a slightly higher fps
    I am currently fitting my G3 with a longer tightbore, hop rubber and ordered systema bb's and im told that this will give it better range, accuracy.
    You can pick up this whole accuracy package for around 45 quid including bbs, which quite frankly is a bargain considering how effective it is.

Hope this helps,
    Chris
    Last edited by callofduty; 26 April, 2009, 02:53.

Comment

Heres something abit more helpful.
      http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9251

Comment

That says everything i said to do with accuracy and range lol
        "heres something a bit more helpful" (slightly offensive lol)

Comment

Just something as simple as cleaning the barrel helps

Comment

Already done that mate

Has anyone got suggestions for a particular hop-up? I was looking at one for my old M4 a while back and was advised to go for a guarder clear hop-up rubber. Could anyone advise as to which they like? Oh and what size of tight-bore would be recommended?

Thanks for all the help so far chaps
            Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Tokyo Marui
              Tokyo Marui
              Tokyo Marui

That's all I can say as far as Hop Rubbers/ Buckings go. Put this way - JG G36C running at 340fps vs TM G36C running at 270fps. The JG only outranges the TM by about 2-5 metres at most, simply because the TM hop rubbers are so good. Cheap as well, a fiver from Zeroone.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

better HU or tight bore/ clean you barrel/hop up thorughly. i wouldn't get a longer barrel as whats the point of having a ak74u if you gona make it longer you may as well got a normal ak47 or akm. also if youve got a it of money a Tanio-Koba Rifled barrel its only about a tener more that a madbull tightbore.
                Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

by size you mean the diameter not the length?

if its lengh - get the same size as your normal barrel only a tightbore
                  if its diameter - then go for a 6.03 or 6.04

your barrel diameter at the moment is 6.08 so the smaller the diameter the better seal and true flight of the bb

dont be tempted by the 6.01 tightbore or rifled barrel as they are more lightly to jam, harder to maintain and are really only best for semi auto/single shot rifles

apparently the best hop up rubber you can get is firefly and if you cant find that go for a guarder or systema hop rubber
                  also if your gun is firing around 328fps get some 0.23g/0.25g as you will really see the difference especially with a tightbore and good hop rubber
                  Last edited by callofduty; 27 April, 2009, 00:25.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Liquid_snake Find out more about Liquid_snake
                  Working...
                  X