advice on paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on paypal

hi guys, any ideas how long it takes for paypal payments to reach the recepetent, as i sent some money monday nigt (10pm ish) and spoke to the guy last night and he still hasnt recived anything.

Any suggestions, i got a comformation email
    please help
    cheers
    brown
    sigpic

Re: advice on paypal

it takes less than a minuet (usually about 15seconds from clicking the send button), the only reason it wouldnt get to the other guy is if
    A: you typed the paypal adress wrong, or
    B: he's lying and he has received it,
    C: the recipient has received the money but for whatever reason did not receive a confirmation email notifying him of such. (which happened to me once. and only once before)

you can log into you're Paypal account and check the details to whether payment has been sent or not, and to who to. if it has been registered as sent then it undoubtedly has been sent.

Comment

ok the comfermation email says:
      Dear ********,

You have initiated a payment for £16.50 GBP to ***********. This payment will be completed once the recipient has accepted the payment.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

what now, its in my recent transactions, yet the guy says he hasnt recived anything, i dont doubt him as hes got some positive feedback, however im starting to get a little nervious
      cheers for your help
      Brown
      sigpic

Comment

go to you're main paypal window (I.e log into paypal.com)

if you have either sent the money to the wrong paypal address or have been given the wrong paypal address (I.e one that doesn't exist) you will be able to retrieve that money, in you're archive list it'll say something like 'Awaiting collection' or something like that (i forget the official terms used) but you should just be able to click the cancel payment button and it should be back in you're paypal account within seconds. it's also where you'll be able to get details on whether or not the opposite party has accepted the payment, the address used and all manner of details.

it doesn't matter if you used a real or fake address to send money on to, you'll still get a confirmation email telling you, you did so.

Comment

ok cheers, all i wanted was a bi-pod lol
          sigpic

Comment

with regards the status, it just says "unclaimed"????
            sigpic

Comment

then you should be able to cancel that payment, it means the address was wrong (does not exist)

Comment

ok cheers, i will remain from saying the guys user, as i am sure it was a genuine mistake, i will contact him and ask me to re send an email address, as i assume he made a typo as i just copied and pasted it
                cheers
                brown0
                sigpic

Comment

This has happened to me a few times and it is down to typos every time. It happens and thankfully is easy to sort out. If you tell him what happened I am sure there will be no problems (it was his typo after all :p).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brown Find out more about brown
                  Working...
                  X