Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which manufacturer??

Hi guys,

I gave up airsoft about 3 years ago for various reasons but looking at getting back into it.

Last time I had a Classic Army M4 that I bought off a friend but was modded out with better barrel, hop up, gear box etc so I've never really had to buy one from new.

My question is who is the best manufacturer out there? I like the M4 or AR15 look even the ACR but there's just too many different names out there and I don't know the difference between Gucci and primark when I comes to airsoft guns.

I'll also be in the market for a pistol so a suggestion of a good make of pistol too if possible

Thanks in advance
    Mkarl

Re: Which manufacturer??

Systema and Tokyo Marui are the top brands.
    Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

What about for those with a budget of up to £300 lol

Comment

I haven't bought a new CA RIF for years but their old stuff was solid for sure and is still available today from some retailers and in classifieds obv.

Had lots of 'new-age' guns and some RIFs are definitely better performing out the box but tbh it's all the same.
        TM always perform well for the money and are reliable as ever, the Recoil series are very nice but if you're not techie' they are intricate to pull apart if you want to upgrade and not for the novice generally.

What is your field, mainly rangey or CQB?

I assume your looking for AEG not GBBR so il leave that out.

TM pistols rock all the way performance wise, the new stuff is even better with the 15mm pistons.
        If you want weight, kick and cold hard metal then the likes of KWA, WE etc are good if you don't wanna dump a packet on a custom TM.

I know I've only said TM so far but that's only as I'm going on a rangey field, it's down to your play style what sort of makes would suit best if you don't want to modify/upgrade, if you do it's all about hop and air seal a TM is a great platform to start from.

I don't mean to keep saying TM :/

Comment

Mate, you can't go wrong with a G&P M4. Quality inside and out and within your price range.
          I agree with Sprint on the TM pistols, best pistols I have owned by far.
          If you can get the cash the Marui recoils are indeed awesome.

Comment

I like a mid range battle so M4 is ideal, I've seen a TM M4 for about £275 but out of the box is 270fps which is a bit low than I'd like - I know I could stick a better spring in it. I wouldn't say I'm a novice but far from an expert.

I'm happy to strip a weapon and upgrade parts I'm confident in doing that but I wouldn't stretch to a gear box rebuild myself

I'm not interested in gas blow back no need for it for me... I'll have to take a look at the TM pistol range as I'm quite picky with what I like lol

Comment

£300 is the low end of quality guns and the high end of budget guns imo, you should really be stretching that to around £350-£380 and then you are talking,
              things to look out for are steel bushing, quick change springs, bearing spring guides, cnc aluminium bodies , mosfets, high torque motors
              most people would probably say G&G, they are ok,they have become the Ford of airsoft, Krytac are getting a lot of positive reviews and rightly so (they would probably be my next purchase if I wanted a new M4), E&L make amazing AK, and are moving into M4s with the same qualities, I like VFC for their overall external beauty, G&P make nice guns as well, Classic army, are still there, ICS have a solid line of guns. Bolt do some interesting recoils, KWA ERG are nice guns too probably I would get one if I wanted a recoil.
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thanks for all your advice guys - i'll let you know what I go for

Comment

I'm thinking of going for this...

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2719

What I can't seem to find is a TM pistol that's CO2 rather than Gas... I've had gas before and I didn't get on with it, too many issues with seals going, cold days they don't want to work etc I've never had an issue with CO2

Comment

As far is I'm aware you won't find a C02 TM, seriously get a new series TM pistol with the 15mm piston, run it on Abbey green or red depending on ambient temp and just lube the piston lid seal start of every game day you will not have any issues. If you're playing sub zero step the gas up to Abbey Vertex.

Also unless you plan to upgrade get a pistol with a lot of slide to frame rail, HK45 tactical is a good example.

Comment

WE are clones of TM, so depending on which gun you get, you might be able to get a WE co2 mag
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Was going to suggest that although C02 is pretty hard on standard TM pistols

Comment

Thanks guys - I've bought that M4 I linked earlier.

TM do a new M9A1 no07 pistol that I like but can't find anyone with stock so going to hold off till it's available

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

karlravenscroft Find out more about karlravenscroft
                          Working...
                          X