m4 or scar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 or scar

Hi ive been wanting an m4 for a while now and when i came close to buying it i had second thoughts. Now ive edged towards a scar and am unsure if i was gonna get an m4 id get it electric but if i got a scar it would be gas because of the pure awesomeness of it all can someone point out the pros and cons of boh as id like to be not

Re: m4 or scar

SCAR generally over £400 for a reliable one. Heavy as balls.

M4, £250 will buy you a corker. Accessories are easy to come by. Very good to skirmish.

Personally, I'd steer clear of gas powered as a primary purely because of the climate.

Comment

WE Scars are fine in most weather, especially if you use CO2 mags. I agree with BEN though steer clear anyway as they are limited in their use. Mainly because of the small capacity mags (30rds). Really only a useful gun for MilSims.

On the other hand, me not being a fan of M4s, and this is just a personal choice, nothing to do with how good or upgradeable they are, I would get a decent branded Electric SCAR.

But, this hobby is all about personal choice. A lot of the time, internals are very similar to each other. So performance of the guns is, in general, fairly similar.

But, again, BEN is right, M4's are eminently more upgradeable to get what you want in looks.

SCARS just look cool out of the box but a SCAR is a SCAR.
      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I'm with jfox61 on this. SCARs are epic. I don't about where you skirmish but where I skirmish I think it's just the 2 folks outta 50 that have them. I like to be different so I'd have the SCAR. Probably the H version though to be that extra bit different.

Hope this helps ^^

Comment

Thanks guys ill probably get an eletric scar now

Comment

I've got an ARES scar and a G&P M4 and I use the Scar all the time. mainly because most people have M4's.

The ARES is AEG but I have had to spend money on it, I needed a new motor as the one that came with the gun only lasted 2 skirmish's and the piston began to crack too. So if you're getting an ARES scar, be aware that you will probably need to buy a new motor and piston to go with it. I got a systema turbo and a G&G Piston and now it shoots like a dream.

The other thing with scar's is that the parts are not easy to find, but ehobbyaisa do the parts, I got the sniper barrel from them and it's nice just swapping the barrels in under 5 secs. But M4 parts are everywhere, like the guys have already said.

And yeah, scars are heavy. with the EGLM on they weigh in about 6-7kg, so you'll want a sling.

End of the day, I love my scar, it's solid, it looks great and feels good too, but be aware that if you're looking at ARES scars you will probably have to spend money on it again very soon.

Hope this helps, FL
            It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

M4.
              Although most people have them, the amount of custom work you can do on them is huge!! Almost every part can be replaced with a new, better one, and you can just add on so many sights, silencers, grenade launchers, etc. A decent website which allows you to customise guns is: (I use it to see what a potential gun buy would be)
              http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/app.php

Comment

hmmm four leaf you realy just put me off getting a scar and if i m spending 290 odd for an ares then i dont want it to go wrong id expect it to last now im not sure

Comment

Sorry if I've made your choice any harder fella, just being honest about my experience. I never read of any one having any motor problems with Ares Scars, so maybe I just got a dodgy one.

Just spreading the knowledge
                  It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

yeah i dont want to sound cheap but everyone has a budget and ive decided on a budget of £150-£250 preferably lower than 250 so could you point out a reliable but cheap one

Comment

I know Dboys make an AEG scar, I've read any reviews of it though. Not sure about any other makes. Have a good search round the net mate, you might find another make.

You could get a really reliable, good M4 for your budget range mate, I'd go for that. Have a look on the for sale forum, some good guns on there

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                      X