Pistol Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol Recommendations

Hi all. I am not new to airsoft but I havenít skirmished in about 2 years now. I am just starting to get back into it and am looking for a new purchase (as you do hehe). I have been browsing and reading peoples posts but I thought I would ask as well. I am looking for a good, all round pistol. I am not bothered if its blowback, none blowback or even electric just as long as itís accurate as it can be (looking for the most accurate pistol I can find). It can be auto or semi-auto Iím not that bothered, although it would be nice if it doesnít sound like a cannon. A gun with some upgrade options would also be nice as I would like it to be a project. As I havenít ever owned a pistol (just AEGís) I donít have the first clue about pistols (hence post). I have a few more skirmishes to go before I can apply for my UKARA Registration (dam government ) so Iím in no rush to decide. I would just like peoples thoughts, opinions, experiences, recommendations etc. The TM Socom Mk23 seems ok (and its pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things) but I donít know how it performs. I hope you fine people can help.

Thanks, Andy

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a TM M14 manual? I need to strip and dust it off but I lost my original.

Re: Pistol Recommendations

Owners manual: http://www.depot53.com/Owner+Manuals.html

As for recommendations? Well for something big, strong, reliable and damn fun, get a TM Desert eagle hard kick. For something more compact with more external upgrades (lasers, torches, supressors), try a TM Hi-capa. Any TM GBB is a good choice, so pick whichever you fancy and you won't be disappointed

Comment

Thanks for the reply (and the manual). I will take a look at the high-capa's. My friend has a DE Hardkick and im not a big fan of it (a bit too big for me). I forgot to mention i am left handed (good old annoying south paw's) and are there any ambidextrous guns out there?

Thanks again, Andy.

Comment

the socoms bloody quiet but does have a long trigger pull and might be a bit to big if u find the desert eagle big but still fun none the less

i have a tm p226 which i absolutly love tho its a right handed gun, sarge has one and is a lefty so unless hes modded it, it should be ok but as the above post said and as far as i know most pistols are more or less the same so pick one u like

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

if u want quality get a western arms wilson combat pro but thats if you want to pay £35 per 20+ round magazines

but WA are the aston martin of pistols

Comment

Or just don't get a WA and spend less money on something twice as good.

Try a TM MEU / 1911 / Hi-capa as they have good range and hop or if you want electric then the Glock 18c by TM/CYMA, it isn't half bad. Finally the TM SOCOM is worthwhile as a good range pistol due to it's hop and fair length of barrel, coupled with a good NBB system it works wonders.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for your replies. The TM socom is looking like a good choice and a fav between people. Does anyone know if it is ambidextrous? Someone said that it was but i dont know. Also does anyone know if there is a post on gasses (like an faq or something?) as i dont know much about them.

Thanks again, Andy

Comment

MK23 Shoots further than a DBoys M4 out the box, is uber silent with the silencer off and even more so on.

I wouldnt trade it for anything.

Comment

I would say just put 134a or Ultra in it, less power but usually last longer in my opinion.

As for ambi, it does have an ambi mag catch and possibly the safety so it is pretty much an ambi gun.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think im going to go for the socom unless i change my mind. I hope to get to a local site this sunday and hopefully i will see one in action.

Thanks again all, Andy

Comment

best thing is to try before u buy and if like me i see some thing new and shiney i want to hold it and shot it lol and most ppl will let u have a look at there pistols so have a good look and find what siuts u best bud
                      ptw m4 ris,ptw m4cqb ris,ptw mp5a4,preditor extreme,p90 tr,type 89,ics mp5a4.ics m4para 2006,ics m4 cqb,shottie, 2 1911 we hi capas, p99 nbb,hi capa two tone,meu socom gear special edition,tm 5-7

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadbob View Post
                        best thing is to try before u buy and if like me i see some thing new and shiney i want to hold it and shot it lol and most ppl will let u have a look at there pistols so have a good look and find what siuts u best bud
                        agree, also, if you can buy face to face off of another airsofter then you will probably have alot more confidence in the purchase...

don't have one, but i would go for the TM Mk23. they are sweettttt....only thing, the silencer looks horrible, i dont like shiny suppressors

also, i think that it has adjustable hop unit...good times =]!
                        TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
                        Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Thanks for the replies i appreciate it. I am going to a local this site this Sunday so lets hope someone has one to take a look at (and take a few shots hehe )

Thanks again, Andy

Comment

I have used a MK23 and its an amazing gun, such power. It is a big gun tho..and no blowback which is a shame!
                            I Got aTM G17 for my 1st and I love it, just in the process of deciding between the TM 4.3 or 5.1 Hi Capa...from Zeroone obviously. Personally I love the GBB over NBB but you would certainly be getting a powerful and reliable gun in the MK23.

Good luck with it mate.

Comment

Personally i love the colt 1911 series.

I dont have any pistols ( ive just started airsoft)

But im hopefully getting one of them soon :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X