MP5 in woodland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5 in woodland

As some of youmay know from my previous threads im buying a second hand CA MP5 B&T and it is the current version. Anyway i need to sell my AK47 for the money. Now here is my problem, i want a gun that is more accurate than my cm028 and a longer effective range. As I have heard MP5's are built for CQB and I mostly play woodland, however I might start CQB eventually, is it a good idea selling my cm028 and paying more money for an mp5 and how accurate is it?

Re: MP5 in woodland

The MP5 is more than suitable for woodland use. I had a CA MP5 B&T, they are superb guns! The accuracy is pretty damn good for a stock weapon, but I stuck a tightbore barrel in mine and it got even better!

It all depends on how you play the game really, if you like fast paced charging round the place, then its ideal. If you prefer holding back and picking people off with single shots, not so great.

Comment

What you've got to remember is this. Inside, AEG's are pretty much all the same. They're nothing more than a glorified electric air pump that launches an imperfect round piece of plastic down a brass tube.

It dosen't matter if it's an M4, AK, MP5, SA80 or what ever, strip away the garnish and they all do the same thing.

Within reason length is irrelevant. An MP5 will be no more or less accurate than an M16, but you will have the advatage of when space is tight you will have the more wieldy weapon.

The important thing is what you like look of. If you want to use an MP5 in woodland, then do so. You won't be disadvantaged in any way, shape or form.

It's a choice only you can make, and shouldn't be influenced by anyone else.

Comment

i use my mp5sd in a woodland enviroment all the time as said its just easyer to use in tight spots than the longer battle rifles

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

AEG's are sometimes more difficult than women to work out. Not always though....lol...

A while ago I had a Galaxy MP5K, the shop that I bought it from had added some nice parts to the outside, Magpull stock mainly and a silencer. Internally it was stock. I bought it and changed some of the gear box parts, It was too long ago to remember what though. Along with a shorter silencer and a tight bore. Extended into the silencer.

To this day.....I wish I hadn't sold it....Somehow the set up was cracking, range was easily as good as longer more expensive guns. Just goes to show that some times you manage to get things bang on and don't realise it untill you no longer have it. Other times all the time and money gets you arround 95%.

So I would say it is up to you and with a few not overly expensive mods you wouldn't tell the difference anyway. Performance wise.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Ok, thanks for your help I was just curious because classic army's a better brand so I was expecting it to be more accurate than my cyma ak47

Comment

Originally posted by Pointblank View Post
              Ok, thanks for your help I was just curious because classic army's a better brand so I was expecting it to be more accurate than my cyma ak47
              ok, i'm going to get flamed, but i LOVE cyma... the guns are as cheap as S**T and FROM MY EXPERIANCE never break. i've had a Cyma m14, AK and Mp5, all of which never missed a beat.

i'm sure when you get into the nitty gritty. there is a small diffrence in range compared to say a TM or ICS but honestly. i personally have found it so little i neither care nor see it visually. if i was looking to trial or get a new project gun it'd be a cyma, cheap, from my experiences very reliable and fairly solid accepting most upgrade parts.

anyway, if you want an Mp5, go ICS, now i know they only accept ICE exterior parts but overall its a fantastic gun again hasnt missed a beat and its been dropped more than afew times by accident, in two years i've played it with, silicon oiled and had to replace a broken stock i dropped then stood on by accident. truly a little breast, ontop of that. its never had a single upgrade not even a upgraded tight-bore.

Comment

ics mp5s don't only take isc parts ...

I have an issue surefire handguard and all manner of other make bits on the outside of mine
                KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                mix'n'match M4
                Maruzen P99

Comment

hmmm dxnib your making me want to keep my AK now and upgrade it lol

Comment

sorry to double post but if someone could answer my question, which one has more accuracy and range, the cyma cm028 or the classic army mp5 B&T because my friend rented an mp5, not saying it was classic army and it ended up being super rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by Pointblank View Post
                      sorry to double post but if someone could answer my question, which one has more accuracy and range, the cyma cm028 or the classic army mp5 B&T because my friend rented an mp5, not saying it was classic army and it ended up being super rubbish
                      OK firstly, I dont have a CA MP5, I have a JG one.

I have the CM028. As far as I know it has completly stock internals. It outranges my M4, M500 mossberg, and my MP5. It has the same Range as my AGM M14 (which is roughly 200ft) the accuracy is just below that of my M14. I LOVE my CYMA CM203, and I took it out yesterday with an AIM TOP drum mag for the first time, and GOD was it awesome! I had rentals firing at me with stock TM AK47s and G36cs, the rounds were falling short and flying all around me, I would fire a burst of 10-15 rounds and kill 3 of them taking cover behind walls and trees. Quite a few of my teamates were astounded and turned their heads in disbelief at the carnage I was causing.
                      When I last went out in woodland with my MP5, Chobham Xmas do, we could see the enemy running towards us and a guy next to me with his HK416 was picking off targets at a resonableish distance, but my rounds were flying all over the place. I had to wait untill they were ALOT closer before I could attempt to hit them, which allowed them to get dug in into solid positions and take up cover and flank us before I could do anything.
                      Like i said I have a JG MP5 not a CA one or any other highly priced make. What I do have is a CM203, and I have to say from my experience. You can't go wrong with it.
                      Oh and another thing. My local site is CQB and its what I play the most. I use my AKM down their because of its range and accuracy, yes at times it is slightly too big and can cause a few problems when encountering corners, but the Pros FAR outweigh the cons in my experience.
                      I get 3times ore kills with my AK than I do with my MP5, at least. in either CQB or woodland.
                      Hope that helps mate,
                      Feenix
                      sigpic
                      G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pointblank Find out more about Pointblank
                      Working...
                      X