Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Help

Alright all.
    I'm looking at taking up a snipers role from time to time and was after some suggestions on rifles. I was looking at getting a L96 but thought I'd find out what everyone else has to say.
    Cheers
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself,
    is it considered a hostage situation?

WANTED: TM PX4 // P99 // KSC 18C Metal Slide
    Metal M4 Low Caps // OD Weesatch

Re: Sniper Help

good but depends which one you get as some are a bit too hot for some sites

Comment

search.........

this got asked a few days ago

my input: TM or Maruzen L96 or VSR

Comment

i would recommend a marui m14, its not a sniper, but it has the range to be one sniping is very, very dull. if you do it properly :P
        Originally posted by sparrowhawk
        Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
        Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Comment

i would recomend the TM l96 or vsr 10 gspec

@TheEnglishman sniping isnt dull atall it just suits diferent people
          Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnglishman View Post
            i would recommend a marui m14, its not a sniper, but it has the range to be one sniping is very, very dull. if you do it properly :P
            slow - but rewarding.

some questions for the OP:

is this your first gun?
            have you done a search? - this comes up virtually once a week.

I do not recommend a sniper rifle as your first gun.

basically for sniping - Tokyo Marui is the only manufacturer you need look at.
            Granted the TM l96 is more expensive than the clones - you get what you pay for.
            the TM VSR10 is the best option

if these are out of your budget - check out the JG BAR10

Mac
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

everyone allways says "if its your first gun don't go sniper role"........ i have grown to hate this as i felt like i wasted money as i went M4 first time round.

i allways wanted to buy a sniper rifle first time round, wish i had done as i love it, personally i own a maruzen l96 and its great, i have only just today started upgrading it but even at stock it fires great and range is good enough but hopefully now its just that bit better but won't know until tomorrow.

personally if you have the money for it, if you like sniping in games etc (Pc / console) go for a sniper role but be warned, its not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
                everyone allways says "if its your first gun don't go sniper role"........ i have grown to hate this as i felt like i wasted money as i went M4 first time round.

i allways wanted to buy a sniper rifle first time round, wish i had done as i love it, personally i own a maruzen l96 and its great, i have only just today started upgrading it but even at stock it fires great and range is good enough but hopefully now its just that bit better but won't know until tomorrow.

personally if you have the money for it, if you like sniping in games etc (Pc / console) go for a sniper role but be warned, its not cheap.
                you had me going until the last sentence mate.

it isn't like the games.

we tend to say don't get a sniper rifle as a first gun because 9 times out of 10 people find they don't like it and sell up and get an aeg. - that is if they continue on with airsoft at all. - so yeah people on the forums try and pass on that advice to save a new guy some money. - simples.

on a rare occasion we get guys who have some shooting experience or something and just suit sniping - but most of the time it is just guys who think it looks cool and want to try it.

Mac
                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

sorry about the last sentence.......

its not 100% like games as you have to take into consideration of wind, gravity, range, how fast people are moving etc etc, the real life things that most games foget to include :P

Comment

....trigger control, camo + concealment, breathing techniques, observation, movement, accurate shooting

- yeah pretty different to the games then.
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

If you're going to buy a sniper go the VSR route, theres a reason why everyone has one. I think the bar10 has been discontinued so there goes the cheaper option. When buying my first gun it was a toss up between an l96 and an m4, i chose m4 and im glad i did. Sniping can be very frustrating and i think i would have packed airsoft in after a few skirmishes if i'd started with the l96.

Saying that, theres nothing better than picking someone off at 60m and seeing the bemused look on their face.

Comment

I'm not going to voice the 'get an AEG/DMR instead' route, that's been said more than enough times. If you really have your heart set on sniping then by all means go for it.

I started out with a spring sniper and never got put off. Noted, I didn't get a great deal of kills and got hit a tonne but I still loved it. Getting hit a good few times for every kill you make is worth it to make one sweet shot at 60 or more metres (for me at least). A lot of players get their kills through spraying a dozen odd rounds at a time, so I found it incredibly satisfying to take someone out in a single precise shot.

Very underrated rifle, the A&K SVD was my weapon of choice. Piss easy to upgrade, it takes AEG springs and you can swap them out in a minute. Would rather have gone for a VSR/L96 if I had had the money at the time, but it's not much of a regret, it was mostly down to comfort (I have pretty large hands and the SVD stock-grip wasn;t the most accomodating). Solid piece of kit, consistent fist-size grouping at 60m.

Make sure you get some sort of backup, preferably a full auto pistol or compact SMG. It'll save your ass a good few times.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NC_Sean Freelance Denim Knight currently in operation in Australia. Find out more about NC_Sean
                        Working...
                        X