Best parts for sniper build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best parts for sniper build

Planning on making my own variant of a sniper, as there are too many L96 and other similar rifles at my site. My plan is to simply take the working parts from one rifle, make my own stock, with room for RIS rails, anything else I wanna work into it, and create a funky looking alternative sniper rifle. Any recommendation on rifles, that don't cost too much, are simple to play around with, and have good performance/decent upgrade opportunity?

Thanks

Re: Best parts for sniper build

l96 is cheap, good performance (once upgraded) and has decent upgrade opertunity.

just buy a cheap stock and modify it.

Comment

I concur. If you are building from ground up then just get a cheap secondhand Warrior and upgrade what you need
      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Ok thanks. The VSR seems to be another well known alternative. Any info on what these are like?

Comment

costs more i think than an l96 but depends how lucky you get with finding parts adn a stock gun etc.

Comment

Ok. I'll stick with that then. Any recommended makes? How much is a good price for an L96?

Comment

I'd go for a VSR personally - these have the best internals of the lot.

followed by (in order)

Jing Gong BAR 10 - this is a VSR10 clone

then a warrior l96
              Originally posted by Coz
              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

since you are likely to be gutting the gun I would look to be paying less than £100
                Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

A vsr has much better performance and upgradability than a L96, it's by far the best performing spring rifle, certainly in terms of accuracy. Although that's excluding the TM AWS which still remains largely untested, at least to the degree that the VSR has.

How about don't buy a donor gun, but by lots of expensive after market parts ad build around them?

PDI receiver, outer barrel, inner barrel, barrel spacers. TM upgraded hop, KA hard rubber, acrylic hop arm, (tdc adjuster?), Laylax bolt and internals and trigger mech (magnetrigger perhaps?).

Then build your stock? Would be awesome...

EDGI would be a slightly cheaper option...
                  Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Originally posted by Taylorb View Post
                    A vsr has much better performance and upgradability than a L96, it's by far the best performing spring rifle, certainly in terms of accuracy. Although that's excluding the TM AWS which still remains largely untested, at least to the degree that the VSR has.

How about don't buy a donor gun, but by lots of expensive after market parts ad build around them?

PDI receiver, outer barrel, inner barrel, barrel spacers. TM upgraded hop, KA hard rubber, acrylic hop arm, (tdc adjuster?), Laylax bolt and internals and trigger mech (magnetrigger perhaps?).

Then build your stock? Would be awesome...

EDGI would be a slightly cheaper option...

Sounds like an idea, (would keep me occupied for longer as well) how much do you think id be paying for all those parts?

Unfortunately due to the government cancelling projects and putting a freeze on public sector recruitment my contract wont be renewed, so ill be out of a job at the end of this month! this is something to work on in my downtime, while keeping costs as low as possible.

so no expensive suggestions for now please! Haha.

Comment

out of interest, is there any more that needs to be added to that list? having never owned or taken apart a sniper before, im a little unsure of how they work!

perhaps itd simply be best to buy a cheap sniper!?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                      Working...
                      X