Simple G36KV question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple G36KV question

So I received my SRC G36KV last night, and at first handling it's lovely.
    I got home very late, so didn't have a chance to play with it properly yet though.

But the first thing about it that absolutely stumped me is that I can't work out how to open the stock battery department! (the instructions are useless, as they are for the normal G36K, which has a skeleton stock!).

Looking at a video on Youtube it seems that some G36KVs have a stock that pulls right off the end of the sliding bit, but I tried that with mine and it's rock solid.

How do I open it up to put the battery in?

Re: Simple G36KV question

the lever that extrends the stock pivot both ways

instead of pushing the button in pull it out of the stock

Comment

Wow, I never would have thought of that, thanks!
      I feel like I've just suffered a major fail on the IQ test.

Comment

You are not alone. I had the exact same issue when I received mine.

Comment

and me lol. I had to ring the scottish site up, I felt like a tit when he told me how easy it was. You should'nt need to pull the knob just push the lever a little harder the knob then frees itself.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Okay, had a chance to play and tinker with the new SRC Gen III over the weekend.

I'd say that the delivery of power to the muzzle isn't great, I think some force is being lost somewhere, perhaps at the nozzle/hop interface. It is supposed to deliver 330 fps, but it seems to be more like 280fps at the moment. I intend to try and pin that down, when I can work out precisely what needs changing.

The hop up is a bit crap. It does work, but only a little bit. Even turned on full it never has enough effect to make the ball curve upwards. I have replaced the rubber with a madbull and the nub with an H-section one. However, this hasn't made much of a difference yet. More tinkering to come.

The accuracy is okay. Not fantastic, and there are occasional flyers (to the left, for some reason). Getting the hop sorted will probably help this, then I'll decide whether it wants a tighbore.

Despite these things, I am quite happy with the gun overall. It has okay power, okay range and okay accuracy. These things can all be improved with tinkering hopefully. The external build quality is fantastic, the motor seems really strong, makes a nice sound and the trigger response time is good. Despite various comments about SRC G36 magazines, I haven't had any problems so far and the mag feeds just fine (though the hop winds in the oppositte direction to what I'm used to, which is a bit weird). The flip-up sights on the KV are incredibly small, I'm looking forward to getting some bigger iron sights (and a red dot) on this.

Comment

Try different mags mate. I did and that improved my accuracy and sorted most of the problems straight away. My G36 came out at 310 fps out of the box after settling in it went to 320.

Finally, give the barrel a run through and clean out all the gunk, as there is usually a bit in the barrel. Also clean the crap grease from the gun and relube with silicone. That will help matters no end.
              Feedback link

Comment

Thanks, will do.

And yes I forgot to mention that I cleaned the barrel out already. Man that thing was full of a lot of black greasy crap!
                Another thing I really like about the G36 is how easy it is to take apart.

Is 'bedding-in' of a hop rubber that relevant? I ask because it did seem like the hop was working more effectively the more rounds I put through it. I'm using a madbull red, but not sure if that's the best option. Also, should I trim it a little if it looks like it's overlapping the end of the barrel a bit too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1987 View Post
                  the lever that extrends the stock pivot both ways

instead of pushing the button in pull it out of the stock
                  ^ exactly that

the same way you would take off an M4 crane/sliding stock

Comment

The SRC hop units seem to be a little odd.
                    my M4 has had problems with the cogs on the hop unit getting stuck and not applying hop.

try stripping the thing down and turning the hop while looking at the cogs/hop nub and see if it is a case of brute force or a screwdriver.
                    Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

And also , yes the hop works better as it beds in. Mine wasn't brilliant till I had put about 2000 rounds through it now the hop works fine. Still using the stock rubber and nub but I am going to upgrade it before the weekender.
                      Feedback link

Comment

I put an H-nub in there and it fits/works fine. To be honest I can't really say what difference it makes because I put it in pretty much straight after getting the rifle.

One thing I may adapt - the metal bit which the nub sits in and pushes it up and down could do with a bit more height on it IMO, in order to have more effect when winding the hop up and down. So I'm probably going to glue a little sliver of plastic onto it to make it rise a little higher than it currently does. Currently I have to wind the hop to about 90% before the nub even shows at all through the bucking. Increasing the height of that small part should correct that and is easy to do.

Comment

As this thread has turned a bit into an SRC 36KV general advice guide, I should also add that you will find that the battery rattles around inside the stock, but this can easily be prevented by putting a piece of foam in there. Nothing rattles on my gun now and it feels solid as a rock.

Comment

That would depend on the size of the battery none of mine rattle around, but they are massive anyway.

What you will find though, unless you use a thin Li Po, is that you can't fold the KV stock back, as the battery fouls the plastic lug on the stock.

It won't allow it to engage in the square hole. Also depending on the battery size, you cannot push the stock right in, and this will also affect being able to fold it as the lug will be in the wrong place.
                            Feedback link

Comment

I use 8.5v 1500ma mini-batteries and they don't prevent the stock folding, locking or sliding at all. They do however rattle around unless I put a piece of foam in the end of the stock.
                              I find that one 1500ma battery lasts me a full day, and I have three anyway (in case I want to get trigger happy I just change battery at lunch time).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scholag Find out more about scholag
                              Working...
                              X