Purchasing An AEG From Zero One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing An AEG From Zero One

I have been looking at airsoft for years but have only recently really had enough money to properly consider purchasing a gun and regularly getting to skirmishes. With the restrictions on buying a RIF, in the F.A.Q section of the UKARA bit of this forum it says:

Q: OK, so I need to play at a site to qualify. How often do I need to play?
    A: The act doesn't say. In theory (and this hasn't been tested in a court yet, so may turn out to be an invalid argument in the long run) you only need to intend to be a regular player. Some retailers will sell a RIF to you if you are paying for (and collecting) it at a site run by themselves while you are signed in to play there that day. However, to qualify for UKARA membership, you need to play at least 3 games at the same (UKARA registered) site in no less than 2 months. While this is not a legal requirement, it does seem to be a good compromise that many sellers use, even if the purchaser is not actually UKARA registered.

Since hiring a gun 3 times (to meet the UKARA requirements) is quite expensive I would prefer to be able to buy my own AEG in the first place, without the two tone. For the bit that I've highlighted above does this apply to Ground Zero and Zero One? Since my closest site is in Exeter I would only really be able to make it to Ground Zero the one time and then carry on skirmishing at Exeter, so would not be doing 3 skirmishes at Ground Zero. Would this be possible?

Thanks, iKiX

Re: Purchasing An AEG From Zero One

The only way to know for sure is to phone Zero One and ask them.

Comment

Re: Purchasing An AEG From Zero One

As far as I am aware no, they require you to have completed the UKARA requirements, however you could probably buy the gun the day you hand in your UKARA form.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iKiX Find out more about iKiX
      Working...
      X