Differences Between Manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Differences Between Manufacturers

Mmm, yeah adding to what Fizzy said, don't get the impression that Chinese guns are bad - they work absolutely fine. It's more quality control that's a problem with them. Also, you get what you pay for with regard to MATERIAL rather than PERFORMANCE I find.

Also, reliability - a higher proportion of TM/CA/G&P guns will last a lot longer than a large proportion of Chinese guns. But you could get a TM that dies, you could get a JG that lasts for ever.
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I'm a G&P whore so will chip in for them, their armalite receivers are a million times better than chinasoft armalite receivers. The gearbox and its contents of a G&P are also far better than a chinasoft gearbox and its contents. In the interest of best performance, I didn't leave the hop chamber, rubber or barrel stock in my G&P M4s, but that is something that you can upgrade over time.
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
      Originally posted by N3ADS
      Is this you talking from experience ?..
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Well I will stand up for TM then. :p

Firstly as I say this to all new playes who ask! It does not really matter what gun you buy first. No one really makes a bad gun anymore and you are going to either upgrade it, sell it or swap it sooner than you think. So find something you like the look of that you can afford and play the game.

OK on to Tokyo Marui. Their guns are bloody fantastic :D Everyone has there favorite and everyone has had a dodgy model from one manfacturer or another. I had 2 Dodgy VFC Scar-L's in a row!

TM do for the most part only put Plastic bodywork on their guns but this is not always a bad thing. The quality of the polymers in use these days is very very good and the qualiy of the molding is excellent also they dont weigh quite as much and that is a big bonus at the end of an 6 hour stint. Where TM win is in their reliability and the hop units.

Lets not forget that first and foremost you want to go skirmishing! So you want to pull the trigger and have an outside chance of hitting who your are aiming at. No one makes better AEG hop units and buckings than TM and this reason alone is good enough for most to buy there products. Very few AEG's will match a TM for range or accuracy for that matter. Their hop units are so good that they make pistols that shoot as far as AEG's and stock powered Bolt action guns that will keep up with many "upgraded" weapons.

When people ask what sniper rifle to buy first or to upgrade everyone shouts "TM VSR" When people ask what has the best range we all shout "TM M14" If you want to know what is the best sniper back up pistol? again "TM MK23 Socom" And the inevitable best GBB "TM MEU" or "TM 5.1 Hi-Capa" or "TM SIG" And in my personnal opinion the best small AEG is by far the mighty TM P90.

I am not being bias, I do and have owned TM's Classic Army, VFC, ICS, KSC/KWA, KJW, Star/Ares as well as DE, JG, D/boys, JLS and AA. Currently the VFC is my favorite but I am always amazed with the P90.

The VFC guns are extreamly nice as are most of the Classic Army range. Both G&P and ICS make some lovely looking guns aswell. I have repaired and upgraded a fair few "Clones" hence I dont own any! But lets face it, You want to go to a game find some baddies and shoot at them! And for that my fried you will need a Tokyo Marui...

Comment

TM internals I agree, excellent, plastics not. There is a world of difference between polymers and plastics and TM insist on the most part in using plastics.

This is their major downfall. And price, they insist on charging the same, or more, for a gun with less than impressive externals than say a G&P or Classic army equivalent.

I agree about the M14, that is the one gun in their Armoury that lives up to it awesome tag. But, the Classic Army is almost as good and almost a hundred quid cheaper. The G&G is also at least as good and is also cheaper.

The P90 dunno, hate them, so would never own one so can't comment. I have never even held one and don't intend to.

MK23 although as you say it is an awesome shooter it really feels toylike and very very plasticky so not for me at all. It's all down to personal preferences.

Everytime I buy a new pistol I seem to think the goalposts get moved. I have just bought a KSC CZ75 and all I can say is hmmmmm donuts!!! This really does feel and fire like the real deal. If you get the chance try one.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iKiX Find out more about iKiX
          Working...
          X