Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jg Aug A3 (ris)

Ello,

So I got myself my 3rd stamp at woodland on the weekend so I am now UKARA approve **happy dance**

I have been nosing around a few JG guns atm and the A3 has caught my attention, it seems to have a near as damn it tight bore gun barrel installed in it, metal bushings and mosfet all seems pretty tasty for a £150 gun.

The thing is numbers look pretty etc but they don't make up for actual experience so I was wondering if anyone could give me a low down on the A3, experiences regarding fps, rof, range etc would be much appreciated. Have seen one knocking around woodland a few times so I guess someone out there could give me some advice. (yes I have read google reviews etc but would like the Z1 crowd to give some help)

Much appreciated.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Re: Jg Aug A3 (ris)

Front heavy, even with a battery and optic. I found mine an pain to keep shouldered for a long period even with a vert' grip. Range is pretty tasty though. ROF and general quality is similar to that of the other JGs which is good considering the price and it's counterparts

I found my KA mid' cap's fit an absolute dream in there, but lying down was a bit of a problem because the mag' just protrudes too much and it ends up sitting just above your shoulder making it uncomfortable.

Overall, it's a good AEG. But I would advise something like the G36 or M4 series which have a much better reputation among clone replicas (Not that the Aug has a bad one!)
    Does not speak moron.

Comment

aha newport

We got a team mostly from near there dude :D
      Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

"I was wondering about the JG AUG A3, any help?"
        "ah, yes...we have a team in Newport :p"

Answering questions fail :D

JG are awesome! There though some of there old stuff wasnt perfect so the newer the better, and since the A3 is one of there most recent id say go for it. Your main worry should be do you like the feel/weighting of AUG's, brand isnt really that important!

Comment

Teehee, fail.

Anyway, if you can get over what the A3 does to the AUG then you should be happy with your choice, it'll be a nice gun.
          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 29 April, 2009, 08:34.

Comment

there is a slight problem with them that's easily fixed, when you remove the mag, sometimes bbs shoot upwards and get stuck in the body, causing the gun to jam on full auto-not fire at all, a bit off parcel tape at the top o the mag well sorts this out no bother

Comment

Ta for the help guys, still debating this and a G36, but the ROF fiend in me likes the idea of the mosfet in the A3 :P

Comment

Just had a thought, used a TM G3 a few weeks back without a sling, thought it was an ok weight and would be fine with a sling just far too long, we talking that kind of weight or even more?

Comment

the AUG is a great first gun, very comfy and balances well. I've only had a TM Civilian but was well pleased with it :D
                  WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

I had a Classic Army AUG A1, it was a great weapon in so many ways.

I did have a go with a JG AUG A2 which wasnt half bad but the trigger pull did feel sligthly different, a big feature that I liked on the AUG is the fact you havent got a selector switch because its all in the trigger.

AUG is definatly a weapon of choice for those who want to Shy away from the Armalites. The biggest plus for me was having the barrel of a full length assault rifle in a package that is as small as a M4 Carbine.
                    You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

Sorry bout this but I have another question, with the AUG A3 I take it I need to get a custom battery? Also would the £40 quid one on Z1 fit due to the Mosfet in the stock of the A3? Had a bit of a google and it seems a very tight fit even with the crappy battery that comes with it which ofc I will want to replace.

Comment

I have an AUG A3, and love it.

The internals are very good for a clone and for the price, for a much more in depth breakdown this was useful for me! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055344275

As it has a MOSFET as standard it can handle LiPo batteries out of the box so I run mine with a 7.4v and use the standard 8.4v Nicad as a backup but the LiPo easily lasts all day and they're not as expensive or dangerous as their reputations often dictate as long as looked after properly.

With the LiPo the rate of fire is very good indeed, not the fastest in the world but good enough to get through plenty of ammo it is a bit of tight fit but mine fits in there with a low battery alarm without any modification needed to the stock at all.

Range and accuracy is fantastic in my opinion, the full length barrell helps a great deal with this, the standard hop is decent enough and is easily adjusted (pull the cocking handle back and lock it and it reveals the adjuster wheel)

As been said, it is quite heavy especially at the front, but you get used to it and a decent 3 point sling solves the main weight issue - I can pretty happily hold it in the shoulder for the amount of time it needs to be there.

I have a 2x red/green dot scope on mine and gives a useful magnification for the range of the gun, and I love the 2 stage trigger, a littel pull for single shots and full pull for auto fire. Overall I'd give it a good 8/10 I occaisionally get 2 bb's being loaded at once, but it's only done this since I've installed a tightbore barrell.

If you have any specific questions let me know

Trader Rating

Comment

Perfect ty, will be PMing you about the LiPo!

Ta for the help guys, will prob be ordering one of these come pay day!

Comment

dragon valley i guess might try that site im pf atm
                            i mysel; am debating this gun so thanks from me aswell

Comment

I have a JG aug a3 (for sale in classifieds) and its great, i never found the weight to be a problem, never had any reliability issues, good rof and accuracy. The battery i use in mine is just a standard mini battery and it fits fine and is the same style as the 1 which came with the gun. Only reason im selling mine is i havent airsofted for a while and i want to buy a motorbike.

Mike

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThePope Find out more about ThePope
                              Working...
                              X