Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do with my Back-up?

Hey all,

I was just out today firing my rifles and giving them a good testing session after being un-able to go to the Uprising at Sennybridge and my Classic Army Sportline M15A4 broke on an FPS test, literally.

The main spring was in two pieces, the motor is no-longer working well, and even the tappet plate retension spring snapped. I have checked everything else and these seem to be the only casulties. At no surprise something went, it was chronographing at 361, 384 and 368 fps on 0.2g bb's, the motor was truly struggling before one last pull finished the whole thing off. I was really shocked at the readings, hence why I kept trying to see what happens. Truly a tested to destruction item.

Now, I am left with a choice. Do I sell it on for Spares and Repairs, use it as Spray test AEG or fix her up? As she really has been set aside, only owned her for a month or so and her first actual shooting was today. It'll cost around £70 to replace the parts, I don't have a need for an M4 and I already have 'Loaner' AEG's.

But it would be a shame to see it go to waste also.

What do you guys think?
    Sell it for Spares and Repairs.
    16.67%
    Keep it and fix her up!
    83.33%
    Keep it and use her for Spray Testing.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

sigpic
    http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Re: What should I do with my Back-up?

Buy yourself a cheap chinasoft gear box mate, £30 -40 from certain china site mate, Some of the dboys ones are pretty good.... Then sell on mate...

Martin
    If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

Do it up and sell it to a newbie as a starter gun even (sorry swear word warning) 2 tone it
      Parts for it would be cheap on hear

Comment

exactly what they said,
        keep it, fix it, and then sell it.

Feenix
        sigpic
        G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
          exactly what they said,

Feenix
          + 1

Comment

Thanks for the input gentlemen

I have ran a price up for fixing her up, it would seem around £80 will do. That includes the following:

- Guarder M90 AEG Spring

- Tokyo Marui EG1000 Long Shaft Motor

- King Arms AEG Gearbox Spring set

- Shim set

- Obligatory Krylon

Though, I have been given some interest in selling it for a project. Which I don't min doing, considering I have finished my last project and starting a new one anyway. Also, if you do want to swap for it, just send me your suggestion.

And, with the prospect of a re-build in mind, I am thinking of building to spec for anyone if they would like that instead?
            sigpic

Comment

Sell it on, as is, even if its fixed it won't fetch more than £90-100 so save £50 and sell it as either parts or a whole and you will get £40-50. Same gain in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                exactly what they said,

Feenix
                +2
                Bog standard sig with a mock up of my own gun, I think don't so

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                  Sell it on, as is, even if its fixed it won't fetch more than £90-100 so save £50 and sell it as either parts or a whole and you will get £40-50. Same gain in the long run.
                  A very good arguement, though I would hate to see it go as it is now. I feel it as an obligation to send it on it's way working and ready to go.

Or am I just too nice :p
                  sigpic

Comment

You may find once you have fixed it all, that you fall in love with it and HAVE to keep it no matter what
                    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Too nice, if you tell then EXACTLY that it isn't working then why should you feel guilty.

People will buy it for parts happily.

Comment

Originally posted by Raguri View Post
                        You may find once you have fixed it all, that you fall in love with it and HAVE to keep it no matter what
                        Haha, thats what happened with my L85 Though it would have to beat that and my Tavor to earn it's place!

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                        Too nice, if you tell then EXACTLY that it isn't working then why should you feel guilty.

People will buy it for parts happily.
                        True, and I am sure I will find out by end of the night it's fate with the responses I am getting.
                        sigpic

Comment

*thinks*
                          Could earn a place in your heart as a little cqb style weapon?
                          Their both relatively long and... hard to manouver..
                          "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Originally posted by Raguri View Post
                            *thinks*
                            Could earn a place in your heart as a little cqb style weapon?
                            Their both relatively long and... hard to manouver..
                            Actually, I can manouver pretty well with the Tavor and L85, plus CQB calls for the Spas-12! :D But I do see your point.
                            sigpic

Comment

Not all of us are lucky enough to own a spas =[
                              Cqb with a full stock m15a4 is NOT FUN!! Need to get the hi cappa 3.8 up and running... from one extreme to the other

But yeah, keep it, upgrade it abit while fixing, shold have a sweet gun in the end

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Teddykiller I am who I am, and that is all, just a fellow airsofter ready to talk b******* anytime! Find out more about Teddykiller
                              Working...
                              X