Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on these glasses.

Hey guys.
    Been looking up for a decent set of clear goggles that are a good price, and found these. Link Removed

They look ideal, but the "impact resistant to approx 100mph" is what's stopping me. I'm not great at maths (at all) so how does 100mph translate into FPS? Would they stand up to 500fps? (Sniper limit at my game areas)
    Last edited by Rampage; 19 July, 2010, 22:26. Reason: Remove Link

Re: Question on these glasses.

To answer your question, 500fps (aparantly) convert to 340 MPH

according to http://www.calculateme.com/Speed/Fee...lesperHour.htm

Im a little skeptical of that...

Personally, I wouldnt use them. If youre on a budget, Id go for a pair of bolle bandidos (google it) they cost about £7 and are more than able to take any punishment aiorsoft can throw at it. Plus theyve got a nice wraparound design to provide pretty much the best protection glasses can offer and they dont fog up. If money isnt an issue, get a nice pair of ESS goggles
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 20 July, 2010, 09:24. Reason: inflammatory

Comment

And they want 22 quid for em? WOW. PM a guy called Heroshark on here and ask him about mesh goggles.
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
      Originally posted by N3ADS
      Is this you talking from experience ?..
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Sorry.

And I generally prefer clear glass to mesh, I find it easier to use scopes / sights when clear, odd, but that's just me.

I prefer goggles because when wearing bandannas, balaclavas, etc, open glasses tend to fog up, where as closed goggles tend not to, so if anyone knows some decent goggles that aren't too expensive, let me know.

Comment

get some ess or wiley x googles i have wiley x ones and thay dont really fog up but when they do i use anti fog wet wipes on them

Comment

They seem a little to expensive.
            i can understand quality and all, but £70 - £100?

Comment

i use a pair of £15 Mesh goggles that are the bee's knees.

i would reccommend just buying the facemask/goggles combo that are around £20-£30, as they are perfect.

Comment

get some bolle glasses then for £7 there are great glasses , mmuk sell them i got a pair

Comment

So you think £35 per eye is the value you place on them? Loss of an eye is obviously no big thing to you then. This is the one place where you shouldn't scrimp on cost. Buy cheap boots you break an ankle, it gets better. Lose an eye, well, you lose an eye no big deal is it?
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I agree with Jfox that you really dont want to screw about with some things and eye protection is one of them ..

As Mas12555 said however, a £7 set of Bolle glasses will give you adequate levels of protection, now what your doing is spending extra money on personal taste or 'enhanced safety' much of which may not be needed...

I suppose it depends on how close you plan on being to that sniper when your hit!

Comment

I didn't mean it like that jfox!
                      I just meant I think you can get ones that are just as good for a cheaper price.

Zero one seems to have plenty of goggles, it just doesn't tell you how much they take.

Comment

Try some ESS V12's. There not the prettiest goggles in the world. But they will not fog as they have small vents which you can open and they provide adequate levels of protection.

Comment

Reckon that includes 500fps sniper fire?

Comment

I use glasses made by a company called Betafit. Great pair of glasses. fully EU standards complient, wrap around design (these ones have a close wrap around design which suits my head shape) and were only £22.

Onbe thing you want to consider with glasses, are the shape. I tried many on in the shop and some barely stayed on my face, some had huge gaps in places, some were uncomfortable. You really want to try on loads of pairs in a shop and find which ones suit you best, as youre gonna be wearing them all day!

Comment

Originally posted by W.R.R View Post
                              Reckon that includes 500fps sniper fire?
                              Yes mate they are fully ballistic rated upto .22 at point blank.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W.R.R Find out more about W.R.R
                              Working...
                              X